Calling iPhone Gurus

rk911

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
my wife and i each have an iPhone 7 with the latest OS. recently something has changed and i’ll be danged if i can find what it is.

when i send a text to her (iMessage) it goes to her phone but it also
comes to my phone as if she had sent a text to me. this was
not happening until the last iOS update. any thoughts on how to correct this?

my wife and i each have an iPhone 7 with the latest OS. recently something has changed and i’ll be danged if i can find what it is.

when i send a text to her (iMessage) it goes to her phone but it also
comes to my phone as if she had sent a text to me. this was
not happening until the last iOS update. any thoughts on how to correct this?

I'm an Android owner but this may work. Check your Settings in iMessage app. Look for something where your phone number has a checkmark next to it in Messages > Send and Received. Uncheck your phone number.

Last edited:
I'm an Android owner but this may work. Check your Settings in iMessage app. Look for something where your phone number has a checkmark next to it in Messages > Send and Received. Uncheck your phone number.

thanks but i've checked that already. both phones are set for their phone numbers only.

Always good to do a reset on both phones. Takes some of the gremlins out of the possible causes.

I’d call Apple tech support about this.

First thing to do, as you certainly realize, is reboot your phone. I find that fixes most problems.

Never heard of that happening with messages, although I have mine set to always bcc myself when sending mail on my phone. Definitely worth a call to Apple's tech support. I've found them to be excellent.

Settings - Messages - Send & Receive - You will see both phone numbers checked, uncheck your wife's number.

Go to Settings
Then click "Messages"
Then go to "Send & Recieve"
There should be someting that says "You can be reached by iMessage at:"
Be sure only your number on your phone is checked, and only your wife's number on your wife's phone is checked.

that did it! shoulda thought of that myself. thanks.

They're so damn reliable that it's easy to forget that it's a good idea to reboot them every once in a while. I've had a couple of bizarre problems in recent months that baffled me until DW told me to reboot the thing and that solved both problems immediately.

Back
Top Bottom