Join Early Retirement Today

Campaign will raise awareness on Global Warming & Global Health
Old 04-01-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Campaign will raise awareness on Global Warming & Global Health

There is an interesting article in USA Today - Global warming, global health: Campaign will raise awareness

Global warming, global health: Campaign will raise awareness - USATODAY.com

For the skeptics on Global Warming I guess this one can not be blamed on the GREAT Al Gore.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Seek peace, and pursue it. - Psalms 34:14
Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most - by Ashleigh Brilliant.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Settled Science
Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
Recycles dryer sheets

Settled Science

Follow this link to discover the other side of global warming.

The Schnitt Show - Weekdays 3pm-6pm Eastern - 800-801-8999

But then, why let facts get in the way of another government program to save us.
BoutDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Boutdone, you have that backwards. The question is why should denialists let facts get in the way.
I wish we could just have a discussion about what policies would be most beneficial rather than all the name calling and appeal to marketing.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael24 View Post
You see the ice cap 7 times the size of NYC fell into the ocean last week...Thats not good at all
At the current rates in which the rain forest is fast disappearing, oil is being pumped and used without no plans for conservation, species of plants and animals are disappearing, pollutions from human and farm waste, poisions and emissions are being released into the ground, the air and the water, one has to wonder just how much longer planet earth will tolerate the abuse before she/he hits back.

Denials and name calling are not going to solve these problems.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Zathras,

Bet you didn't even read one of the posts in the link.

Name calling? Who brought up the denialist monicker?

Appeal to marketing? Why is Al Gore heading a $300,000,000 plus marketing campaign to promote global warming?

I am just showing that there are two sides to this story. I happen to believe in the resourcefulness of humans. Of course we have an impact on our planet. We do not, however, need alarmists running around presenting only one side of the equation and po-pooing those who may differ in opinion.

There is a lot of money chasing the global warming band wagon. Al Gore even owns a carbon trading company among his other "green" company investments. These sir, are facts you cannot deny.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Boutdone, you have that backwards. The question is why should denialists let facts get in the way.
I wish we could just have a discussion about what policies would be most beneficial rather than all the name calling and appeal to marketing.
Should we start with the discussion about ethanol? Is the US ethanol policy beneficial?

The Clean Energy Scam - TIME
Old 04-01-2008, 10:06 AM   #7

How about the use of HEMP as an alternate source of energy?

Hemp 4 Fuel - Clean Energy Solutions

Hemp has many uses such as fuel, clothing, paper and of course for medication purposes.

I know that the GREAT Willie Nelson and Woody Harrison are big supporters of the use of HEMP for fuel, for clothing and for medication use.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 04-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post

I know that the GREAT Willie Nelson and Woody Harrison are big supporters of the use of HEMP for fuel, for clothing and for medication use.
I'm not sure about fuel, clothing and medication but recreation is required too.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #9

Yes, it has been said that Willie and Woody do like to smoke a little HEMP.

I do beleive that HEMP can be used as an alternate fuel and I do believe that if the farmers in the U.S were allowed to grow it for that purpose that it would be win - win situation for us all.

Willie runs his bus on fuel made from HEMP.

Hempcar.org-Pollution: Petrol vs Hemp

GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 04-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #10

There's an interesting article in the Christian Science Monitor - Bush's 'caution' on CO2 seen as 'foot-dragging' by critics - Supreme Court has ruled that EPA can regulate greenhouse-gas emissions from cars, but administration says deliberation needed.

Bush's 'caution' on CO2 seen as 'foot-dragging' by critics | csmonitor.com

Here's to wishful hoping that Old George W and the EPA will finally address the CO2 problem in a timely matter.

GOD BLESS US ALL
Old 04-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutDone View Post
Should we start with the discussion about ethanol? Is the US ethanol policy beneficial?

The Clean Energy Scam - TIME
Sure, ethanol is a horible idea from a GW perspective. No argument there.
From a US national security angle it isn't a bad stop-gap messure as we try to get off of foreign oil.

As to the recent announcement of Al Gore's non-profit organization's marketing campaign, my guess is he decided that is more effective with the American public.

Personally I wish we could stick to the scientific studies and leave Al and celebreties and politicians out of it.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoutDone View Post
Zathras,

Bet you didn't even read one of the posts in the link.
Oh, and you would loose that bet, although I haven't read/watched all of them, I have read a number of them and watched the first video.
Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
Oh, and you would loose that bet, although I haven't read/watched all of them, I have read a number of them and watched the first video.
I'll gladly lose the bet if people at least listen to both sides. Those mesmerized by the hype and who do not make objective decisions are not doing service to themselves, the rest of us nor those who will take our places in the future.

Keep watching the link as new information is surfacing on a daily basis. Knowledge is power.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #14

Excellent! I whole-heartedly agree with you. Listen to both sides, read up on the research from both sides.
I would ask you and everyone to pay less attention to the celebreties and politicians and more attention to the actual scientific research.

Although the science can be pretty dry reading, if you prefer sites/articles that summerize read both sites such as boutdone recommended and sites such as RealClimate.org for balance and then make up your own mind.