Can you get at least a 12 score on this?

"You rang!" was the one I was thinking of. He'd say "Work?!" if anyone mentioned the word "work."

And the Zelda word was "Propinquity."

"Over 30" was the best choice, even if wrong.

"You rang!" was the one I was thinking of. He'd say "Work?!" if anyone mentioned the word "work."

And the Zelda word was "Propinquity."

"Over 30" was the best choice, even if wrong.

One of the secrets to multiple [-]guess[/-] choice tests is the process of elimination.

My memories of the Dobie Gillis show are mostly vague, with a few specifics stuck in my head. Can't recall if I saw it 'live' or the re-runs. I did have the impression it was pretty creative - Dobie giving his viewpoint directly to the audience as he sits by "The Thinker", not your typical sit-com in some ways. I remembered the beatnik and his name, and the 'you rang?' and 'Daddy-O', and that his Dad was a Grocer...

Anyway, a bit of googling and I found a few episodes here:

TV4u - Your source for online classic television

Hmmm, so the cute girl was Tuesday Weld - didn't know that. I think it holds up pretty well, guy wants girl, girl wants guy with money (or the ability to make money in this one clip). And Warren Beaty as the rich kid - didn't know that either, but then again they were not famous back then.

-ERD50

Interesting, the actress playing Dobie Gillis' mom is one of the patients in the Bob Newhart show.

I missed #10, where did that come from? I got 19 correct, and yes, I am old.....

17 - but I'm only 40 and lots of those were before my time! Good thing the grandparents made me watch their TV with the old stuff on re-runs in the 70's!

20 - but I also believe the Bob Dylan one is wrong. I apparently watched much too much TV

We should plot # correct versus age.

I got 17. The ones I missed were pure guesses, and I think dated from the 60s by which time I was gone from TV land. I checked out of TV other than sports by about 1956.

Ha

I got 17. The ones I missed were pure guesses, and I think dated from the 60s by which time I was gone from TV land. I checked out of TV other than sports by about 1956.

Ha
Good Grief, we didn't get a TV until 1959 when I was 12.

Good Grief, we didn't get a TV until 1959 when I was 12.
By '56 I was up to my ears in highschool sports, trying to qualify for AP courses, and becoming acquainted with whatever is was that made girls smell so damn good. I did watch the fights with my Dad, and the NIT and NCAA tournaments.

As I remember we got our first TV when I was 10.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom