Can't get enough of Johnny Cash

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I have always been a casual fan of  Johnny Cash. Can't think of a song that I have ever heard him do that I did not like but I have never considered myself a huge fan until I saw the movie "Walk the Line" 3-4 months ago.

Now, I can't get enough of Mr. C. I have a bunch of  his stuff recorded on "Jukebox" and have rented  the DVD a couple of times to rewatch "WTL" at home.

Maybe it's because he and June Carter Cash are both dead and his work is now completed that I can fully appreciate his greatness.

Being a pretty big Willie Nelson fan sets me up to repeat the process when he is eventually boxed up and put away also.

I was always kind of the same way, WRT to Johnny Cash. I never was a country music fan, but I still liked him. I've heard a lot of people say that too, that even if they HATE country music, they still have an appreciation for Johnny Cash!

BTW, I caught an episode of "Little House on the Prairie" the other day that had both him and his wife in it.

I like Willie but never could get into Johnny Cash. But thats life. Different strokes for different folks. Hmmmmmmm.............wonder if I could write a song about that?  :D

Hey Micky, You struck a nerve.. I've been spending a good part of the week trying to work out Maybelle Carter's Guitar technique. She's June's mother.

Check out these videos of Johnny playing with the Carter Family:
Worried Man Blues
Keep on The Sunny Side

And just the Carter Family
I Walk The Line
Gotta Go Get My Baby Anita Carter is gorgeous!

I've never been a big fan of Willie. He has a house nearby and drops in at the local pub (Charlie
s in Paia) once in awhile. A few years ago I saw him play an unannounced gig there. He was fantastic.

I saw Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash in a outdoor concert a number of years ago. They were great and I have always enjoyed his music since. Great movie too.

Back
Top Bottom