Car Dealer DOC Fee

$999 is high. They will tell you they can't cross it off the paperwork lest they be exposed to a class action lawsuit. Tell them you want the price lowered by $999. If they wan't the deal they will do it.

The banks & Credit Unions I have savings accounts with are paying 3.75% up to 5.02% interest. There's no way I'd withdraw money making 5.02% to pay off a car loan costing me 1.99%.

100% true. I don't like interest either, but you can't change the laws of mathematics :)

I negotiated a fixed price for a lightly-used car, wrote a check, & handed it to the sales manager. He told me that I left off doc fees, etc., etc. I said, "Fine, give me my check, & I'll buy elsewhere. He refused, so I left, & came back with a deputy sheriff, who read him his rights...while the sales manager was in handcuffs!

I got the car for our negotiated price, but the guy had to bail himself out of jail. Needless to say, I never went back for any work that needed to be done. Don't play poker with an expert! :cool:

Posts like this puts a smile on my face in the morning. Thanks! :D

Cheers!

Here's a good one that just happened a week ago. I negotiated a deal on a vehicle and the bottom line wasn't what we agreed on. I told them, no deal, try again. They came back with what we agreed on and told me they had miscalculated the tax the first time. These slime balls stop at nothing to rip off the unaware.

I negotiated a fixed price for a lightly-used car, wrote a check, & handed it to the sales manager. He told me that I left off doc fees, etc., etc. I said, "Fine, give me my check, & I'll buy elsewhere. He refused, so I left, & came back with a deputy sheriff, who read him his rights...while the sales manager was in handcuffs!

I got the car for our negotiated price, but the guy had to bail himself out of jail. Needless to say, I never went back for any work that needed to be done. Don't play poker with an expert! :cool:

Posts like this puts a smile on my face in the morning. Thanks! :D

Cheers!

Yes, this has to be my favorite dealer story of this thread. I hope it made the local papers!

Back
Top Bottom