Cards Against Humanity Game

Teacher Terry

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
So my best friend bought this game and brought it to my house for a girls night. There were 5 of us and 3 had played it before. I am not a prude but it seemed like the goal is to be as disgusted or horrifying as possible. I actually like games that are a combination of luck and strategy. One of my friends seemed a little uncomfortable but at the end of 3 hours said she hadn’t laughed that much in years. I will see her Thursday and ask how she really felt. It was funnier after a couple glasses of wine which is not a good sign. What do you guys think?

I have played CaH plenty of times over the years. I personally consider it more of an activity than a game - but that does not matter too much.

It can be fun - and enjoyed by both gamers and non-gamers alike. It certainly relies upon offensive humor that can be tiresome. Personally, I've grown tired of it and have passed on playing it the past couple of years.

Eh. I don’t think any of us ever got past the crudeness of it in a very limited play test.....and our son and likely future DIL are both full time firefighters.

But maybe the older folks were just too puritan and they secretly loved it. ;)

I have played CaH plenty of times over the years. I personally consider it more of an activity than a game - but that does not matter too much.

It can be fun - and enjoyed by both gamers and non-gamers alike. It certainly relies upon offensive humor that can be tiresome. Personally, I've grown tired of it and have passed on playing it the past couple of years.
Accurate description. I haven't played it that much, so I haven't gotten tired of it, but could see that happen.

I have played many times.

My most vivid memory is my sister (who I thought would hate something like it) asking to play it with her 18 year old kids when they were visiting us at the beach for a short vacation.

She loved it. You never know who will like or hate a game like this.

So my best friend bought this game and brought it to my house for a girls night. There were 5 of us and 3 had played it before. I am not a prude but it seemed like the goal is to be as disgusted or horrifying as possible. I actually like games that are a combination of luck and strategy. One of my friends seemed a little uncomfortable but at the end of 3 hours said she hadn’t laughed that much in years. I will see her Thursday and ask how she really felt. It was funnier after a couple glasses of wine which is not a good sign. What do you guys think?

Many years ago I recall the evergreen comedian Bob Hope talking about the secret to his long-term appeal was that he always tried to keep his humor clean so everyone could laugh. He said others with an obnoxious routine tended to burn out after a few years. History has proved him right.

Likely games like scrabble, chess, etc will similarly continue for many years after the obnoxious choices.

My DW and I played one night with our mid-20s child and friend a few years ago. Apparently, the game is a hit with the crowd they socialize with.

Anyway, the outcome of playing the game wasn't one they were quite expecting, but my DW knew was coming. The "adult" side of dad had always been hidden from our child and friends over the years. That particular night, they found out dad can have a suggestive and dirty mind when he wants to. Numerous responses I provided were captured on their cell phones to be provided to their friends.

DW and I haven't played since, but the one time was enough for us. I have to admit seeing our child's tears from laughing so hard made it a memorable night.

Last edited:
I've never heard of it, from the way it is described I think I'd be a natural. It sounds like an excuse to turn off the filters, which has never been hard for me to do.

Our friends have played it. We get together from time to time for game night, so I am sure one day we will try it.

It can be fun, until a card goes a bit too far. After a while, it becomes tedious, even when lubricated by Woodford. IMHO

We love CAH. I find the game itself hilarious, as my friends and family have a fairly broad sense of humor. I tend to go for the more absurdist than crude responses, but a combination of both is usually the winner. But the company that makes CAH also does a lot of charitable work, and so I buy many of the expansion packs just to support their efforts.

Played this game a few times. Once with our entire family spanning 3 generations. BIL is a minister and MIL was probably in her mid 80's at the time. I think everyone had fun from all the laughter that night.

It's probably successful as a backlash against the highly PC environment we all find ourselves in. I have played a few times, with extend family (which is quite large and diverse). There were funny moments, but I found it a bit tiresome at times.

it's always a great game to break the ice after a boring holiday dinner

We played it for the first time about 2 weeks ago.

The hostess and I setup the table, she was very nervous. As my wife is a prude. Looking through the cards there were many phrases that I know my wife has NEVER said out loud. I was not sure how my wife was going to take it.

We had a blast! It was a lot of fun.

My wife won the game too.

We played it once with friends. I was REALLY good at it. I think our friends were slightly impressed/horrified.

My daughters have played. I would like to play sometime, but I’m pretty sure my girls would be horrified at either 1)having to explain phrases to me or 2) not having to explain phrases to me. I’m not sure which would be worse.

My daughters have played. I would like to play sometime, but I’m pretty sure my girls would be horrified at either 1)having to explain phrases to me or 2) not having to explain phrases to me. I’m not sure which would be worse.

:LOL:

Have a blast playing this game but can depend on the other players too and their sense of humor, wit, etc.

I think it went on too long because we played for 3 hours and I got bored.

Back
Top Bottom