charitable family foundations--family first!

astromeria

Moderator Emeritus
I just read the annoucement of the Heinz Family Foundation's 2006 grant winners--Teresa Heinz Kerry is the chair of that foundation. That made me curious about the wealthy Bush family, so I googled for Bush family foundation, and came up with the Bush Family Foundation for Family Literacy. And this article from the Houston Chronicle:

"Former first lady Barbara Bush donated an undisclosed amount of money to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund with specific instructions that the money be spent with an educational software company owned by her son Neil."
http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/3742329.html

Which led me to check up on whther Neil Bush was the Silverado Savings & Loan fiasco brother or the Thai prostitute brother--well, he's both!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A35297-2003Dec27?language=printer

Interesting read! I had forgotten that Johnson, Nixon, Carter and Clinton all had troublesome brothers! And now, obviously, Bush Jr as well. Must go with the oval office?

I was familiar with Billy Carter the drunk big mouth and what's his name Clinton the dope smoker big mouth, but did not know that both Nixon and Johnson had screwed up bros as well.

The strange-women-in-my-hotel-room story is a prize.

Leonidas said:
I was familiar with Billy Carter the drunk big mouth and what's his name Clinton the dope smoker big mouth, but did not know that both Nixon and Johnson had screwed up bros as well.

I wonder why the Post stopped at Johnson and didn't go back to Kennedy and discuss his youngest brothers'....oh, nevermind.

REWahoo! said:
I wonder why the Post stopped at Johnson and didn't go back to Kennedy and discuss his youngest brothers'....oh, nevermind.

Yeah......  I was going to mention Teddy's impact on the Kennedy political clan in my first post but figured I'd just get flamed for it........

Actually, I give the Kennedys credit for the tremendous power and influence they commanded in order to handle the incident the way they did.  I mean, one minute Ted is drunk, stumbling back to the party without his "date" and the next minute everything is ok........  Talk about clout!!

I think Teddy gets a pass from most of the public because of the assasinations of John and Robert.

Back
Top Bottom