Join Early Retirement Today

Cheap living on wheels? $4200- $7500
Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Cheap living on wheels? $4200- $7500

I subscribe to an auction site and just got this offering. Dunno - maybe Katrina trailers? Seemed like pretty thrifty housing:

COMPLETE DETAILS ON EACH TRAILER. LOCATED IN SELMA, AL. WE HAVE AN EMPLOYEE ON-SITE. FOR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE, THE BEST METHOD OF CONTACT ABOUT THE TRAILERS IS TO SEND AN E-MAIL TO DTONEY@TRANZON.COM.
PLEASE SEND AN E-MAIL TO DTONEY@TRANZON.COM WITH QUESTIONS AND/ OR TO RECEIVE A COMPLETE LIST AND DETAILS OF THE SALE LOCATION, CONTACT, HAULING INSTRUCTIONS, HAULERS, ETC.

- ALL OF THESE TRAILERS ARE STRUCTURALLY SOUND, WITH NEARLY 100% TIRES, AND THERE ARE SOME WHICH COULD REQUIRE REPLACEMENT OF CUSHIONS, LP TANKS AND/ OR OTHER.
- WE HAVE A COMPLETE LIST OF CONDITION AND/ OR DESCREPANCIES OF EACH TRAILER. PLEASE E-Mail dtoney@tranzon.com.
- WE HAVE CLEANED AND MADE REPAIRS TO THE TRAILERS
- WE HAVE OVER 400 PHOTOS OF THE TRAILERS AT THE ATTACHED LINK BEFORE REPAIRS SUCH AS GLASS, ETC BEING REPLACED. - THE PHOTOS ABOVE ARE OF ALL OF THE TRAILERS ON-SITE.
- THE PHOTOS BELOW SHOW THE TYPICAL LAYOUT OF THE TRAILERS.
- UNITS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION - $7,500.00 EACH.
- UNITS IN GOOD PLUS CONDITION - $6,700.00 EACH.
- UNITS IN GOOD CONDITION - $6,000.00 EACH
- UNITS IN FAIR CONDITION - $5,000.00 EACH
- UNITS IN POOR CONDITION - $4,200.00 EACH
- WE CAN ARRANGE TO HAVE THE UNITS SHIPPED OR YOU CAN HAUL YOURSELF.
- WE WILL ACCEPT CERTIFIED CHECKS, WIRE TRANSFER OR CREDIT CARDS.
- WE HAVE OBTAINED AN ALABAMA LICENSE TO SELL THESE UNITS AND ISSUE A BILL OF SALE TO OBTAIN TITLE.

ALL TRAILER PHOTOS
NEW COST OVER $23,000.00 EACH
2006 - 32' Gulf Stream Cavalier Travel Trailer (Park Model). Can Sleep 8 or be Converted to Office Trailer.

DESCRIPTION (Some Units are missing some items. Please contact us for a complet list.
- Central Air & Heat; - Smoke Detectors; - Door & Deadbolt keys; - Color: White; - 110 Volt System w/ 50' Chord; - Queen Sized Bed & Two Bunk Beds; - Sofa Folds into Sleeping area; - Dining Table - Also Folds into Bed; - Vanity with Sink; - GE Full Sized Fridge w/ Freezer; - Magic Chef Propane Stove w. 3 Burners & Oven; - Microwave; - Ten Gallon Hot Water Heater; - Two - 30 Lb. Propane Tanks w/ Cover; - Cable & Phone Jacks; - Mini Blinds; - Double Kitchen Sinks; - Lots of Cabinet Space; - Master Bedroom Closets; - Dual Axle; - Trailer Brakes; - 4 Leveling Jacks; - 2 5/16" Ball; - Breakaway Safety Connection; - Tires 90 - 100%; - 3500 Unladen Weight; - GVWR 6200

Park Model Trailer w/ Full Size Fridge/ Freezer & No Holding Tank

GREAT FOR DEER LEASE, CONSTRUCTION SITE, PROPERTY OR ANY OFFICE USE - CONTACT DWIGHT TONEY AT dtoney@tranzon.com, OR OFFICE 832-220-1100; or Cell Phone - 281-639-7653
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Yeah he probably bought them from the gov't auction that sells FEMA trailers. They were selling them dirt cheap compared to what they sell for new. IIRC the ones in good condition were being auctioned off for about $3000.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Looks exactly like the FEMA trailers I saw on a auction site..
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Those are FEMA trailers. They all say "Cavalier" on the back. FEMA is trying to get people who lived in them, to buy them from FEMA when they get kicked out of them. As I recall they were charging $5,000. Guess they couldn't find buyers for most of them, though.

There is a big contraversy going on here because some people claim formaldehyde poisoning due to living in FEMA trailers. I know nothing about that and have no opinion but just thought it might be interesting.

Plus, if you ever saw the inside of one, even the greatest LBYM'er of all time wouldn't want to live there. They are cheap, and awful. I wouldn't even keep a dog in one.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

So, let me get this straight. The email address is dtoney@tranzon.com?

Hahah.

I've worked out of one of these. I wouldn't buy one for more than $5k. Something was wrong with everyone I've been in. Door didn't close, furnace needed servicing, etc.

-CC
Old 08-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCdaCE View Post
So, let me get this straight. The email address is dtoney@tranzon.com?

Hahah.

I've worked out of one of these. I wouldn't buy one for more than $5k. Something was wrong with everyone I've been in. Door didn't close, furnace needed servicing, etc.

-CC

Think that's the email - Shoulda put a disclaimer in there rather than just a bald cut & paste. Only affiliation I have is they email me different "deals", some of which may not be deals at all. Get weird offerings though - there was a place in the middle of a S. Oregon national forest that was kind of odd - gold plated fixtures, tower, steel plate front door, gun ports, helipad, tunnel, separate group living quarters... Either king of the survivalists or Dick Cheney's home away from home.
calmloki is online now   Reply With Quote