Cheers + Damn I'm old

F4mandolin

Full time employment: Posting here.
My UK wife just recorded a bunch of the original series of Cheers which she hasn't seen. Pilot show was 31 years ago. Still like it.....which could be another "old man" sign....

My UK wife just recorded a bunch of the original series of Cheers which she hasn't seen. Pilot show was 31 years ago. Still like it.....which could be another "old man" sign....

Let us know if she thinks Diane Chambers or Rebecca Howe is funnier, when she gets through all of the episodes. (DH is 100 percent Team Diane.)

What is not to like? Where everyone knows your name. It has transcended the years-apparently 31 of them. We watch it regularly on Netflix.

Let us know if she thinks Diane Chambers or Rebecca Howe is funnier, when she gets through all of the episodes. (DH is 100 percent Team Diane.)

There is already no choice for my wife. She has seen the occasional episode over the years....think it was popular in the UK as well. Diane will always be the better choice. Not even close. Kirstie Alley did about as well as you could....but.....

I used to sit on the floor in front of our big TV and watch that show with my parents when I was a kid. Great theme song.

I think "How I Met Your Mother" is the modern equivalent.

SIS

I used to sit on the floor in front of our big TV and watch that show with my parents when I was a kid......
SIS

Oh dear. The first post in this thread made me feel old. This one makes me feel positively ancient. :):wiseone:

Oh dear. The first post in this thread made me feel old. This one makes me feel positively ancient. :):wiseone:

This is funny.

Everything said above is true. After DH and i finish all the Mad Men, Arrested Development and Sister Wives (I insist on quality tv shows around here), I'm gonna convince him we should watch Cheers.

You're not old! FYI Cheers is that new show that I haven't got around to watching more than once or twice, but I will some day. ;)

This is funny.

Everything said above is true. After DH and i finish all the Mad Men, Arrested Development and Sister Wives (I insist on quality tv shows around here), I'm gonna convince him we should watch Cheers.

I am addicted to Mad Men. While I was a kid a few years younger than Sally, I remember enough about the 60's that I can empathize with some of the characters. I have a close relative who was very similar to Joan at that time, including the D cup! IMHO the best episode of all is Season 4, Episode 7, The Suitcase. Misogyny, prejudice, debauchery, girdles, updos, great scripts and acting. Fast forward to 1985 and half of them would be dead of lung cancer or cirrhosis of the liver. What's not to like?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom