China 'is more popular' than US

Sirloin burgers - the best I've found around here - near the take out window there used to be a sign.

Join the Marines, travel the world, meet interesting people -

AND KILL THEM!

Great burgers.

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh.

This thread is making me hunrgy for a sirloin burger - haven't had one in a while.

Art said:
No, Buckwheat- the answer is no.

Hmmm, is this opinion, observation, experience, conjecture re: prisoner abuse at Guantanamo?
I haven't been/worked there but do know some of the health care providers who have worked there for months....they don't talk about, don't answer questions, but do this  :-X :mad: and hey, where's that shaking head icon?

BTY - speaking of popularity - there is a semi - bru ha hah - mostly going on behind closed doors. The Europeans are/want to sell China armaments, certain technologies - payable in American $ - of course.

Needless to say - there is certain amount of er ah diplomacy going on - right now.

Were he alive - De Gaul would love it.

Heh, heh, heh, heh.

Honkie said:
A THIRD PARTY nation (and it's nationals) feel they have less to fear from China than from the US. This is what the original article implicitly states. Nations and peoples are less afraid of China than they are of the US. And we are not talking about repressive regimes or dictatorships, we are talking about reasonably developed democratic nations with and educated populace.

EXACTLY WHICH European nations have more to fear from the U.S. (their NATO ally and WWII saviour and Marshall Plan provider and Cold War protector) than from China, as Have Funds, Will Retire asked?

Buckwheat, doesn't it suck when your Hate America First thread gets hijacked by people so much smarter and more knowledgeable than you, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it as you get slowly, inexorably run to ground and crushed to death like the slimy weasel that you are?

Still waiting to hear how I deny freedom to those who dissent from my views, numbnuts.

P.S. said:
I haven't been/worked there [Guantanamo] but do know some of the health care providers who have worked there for months....they don't talk about, don't answer questions, but do this  :-X :mad: and hey, where's that shaking head icon?

Oh, I see. And you're worried that by shaking their heads, your health care worker compadres are subtly trying to tell you that they saw prisoners who had their backs broken, testicles crushed, limbs amputated, etc.? Is that what you're worried about?

(Smearing menstrual blood on a Wahabi does NOT count as REAL torture, just to be clear.)

I'm willing to give the US the benefit of the "doubt" on this one- not that I have any doubt. I'll believe we torture prisoners (REAL torture, not fake torture) when I see proof.

So the answer to your question is: informed opinion.

Art said:
(Smearing menstrual blood on a Wahabi does NOT count as REAL torture, just to be clear.)

Should read: "Smearing FAKE menstrual blood..."

Hmmmm - great conspiracy theory - something a girl from Missoula could write an action/adventure novel about - then a Hollywood movie - thus achieving ER at a very early age.

Anyone notice - the Muslim countries on the list - the 20 something % favorable to America - Think positive - maybe we're headed in the right direction.

Art said:
EXACTLY WHICH European nations have more to fear from the U.S. (their NATO ally and WWII saviour and Marshall Plan provider and Cold War protector) than from China, as Have Funds, Will Retire asked?

Europe still hasn't gotten used to the idea of having lost their world domination. So, they're spiteful.

Even during the dark days of the Cold War, the US wasn't appreciated over there.

Ah dear ladies, I had a long night with the baby and was going to take a pass on the elementary school chatter, but you gals deserve at least a little something.

Art - I'm so glad to finally have someone here who can clearly elucidate whatever opinion is given to him.  That you're also able to tell us (and other countries to boot) what the correct moral interpretation is according to your made up sources and fake relatives is just the icing on the cake. Until you arrived, we were forced to get along with actual information and sometimes first hand opinions. Its thrilling to be able to now move through a broad range of ideas and opinions pulled out of someones ass.

Johnny...found your way out of whatever hole you fell in, finally?  I was worried that having lost your 'crown' had put you in an irreversible funk.  Substance abuser?  My oh my.  You were run down cold by a substance abuser then.  But then...which of us thinks he's elvis, talks to himself in online forums and sits home alone playing with a computer while his wife works to pay all the bills?  Hmm.

Whakamole...I'm sorry I almost forgot you.  Its good to see that you're able to take time away from your occasional naive opinions and incorrect presumptions to pile on when a row is already underway.  I expect that this is the sort of leadership and intestinal fortitude that someday might lead to a promotion to first line management...say...sometime in your 60's...that would create a whole new set of people who could truly appreciate what bad management is all about.  But sadly, I doubt it goes any further than that.  No ER for you. I do see that you want to pee in my coffee. Would you like me to hold the cup nice and close so you dont dribble any on yourself?

In closing, the three of you put together arent fit to carry my jockstrap, let alone wear it.

The good news is that none of you have (publicly anyway) professed a desire to hump me.

Sorry John, but the king has left the building...

Let this thread end .. plueeeeezzzz.

I am astonished how many otherwise respected forum members here have allowed themselves to become troll victims. Just look at the post count for this thread compared to the real issues of FIRE and/or comarade we usually post.

It has been disturbing to read. Remember this thread the next time someone throws out such obvious troll bait.

The name 'Honkie' and 'China more popular than U.S.' should have been enough of a clue. A definite Democratic Underground and MoveOn.org tactic. These guys held the forums on AARP hostage during the election and since we are on Google we are a target here. Wake up my friends. Stop the infighting here and the absolute glee of the troll.

May I be the first to say " No Trolls Welcome Here" ?

Remember this!!! And don't forget it.

The record on the old forum was 17 pages - even getting a "Jeez Louise" out of Dory in the stretch.

Where is that good old American flair for total BS - now that we're in the home stretch.

Heh, heh, heh- Boo China - Go America. Even if the crowd is again us. Be true to your school. Go team go.

All I know is that I spent the month of October 2004 in Shanghai and Beijing. It was hard to find a cop anywhere (to ask directions.)

Most of the chinese I saw were minding their own business and hustling for Yuan.

Just one guy's observation.

Lance

No trolling here. And no glee. Just saddened at the bile that spews from certain quarters at the first mention of something that those same "certain quarters" dislike/disagree with.

Maybe you have answered the question as to why the world has a low opinion of the US - it is because of this type of intolerent and overbearing behaviour and the fear in people that such beligerence lies at the wrong end of a gun. Note that Art's first, yes FIRST post on this thread was:
:
Art said:
It just proves what vile, worthless moral retards most of the citizens of those democracies are.

Makes me wish (kind of) we could follow the lyrics of that song:

"Let's drop the big one, see what happens...
BOOM goes London, BOOM Paree..."

So thanks, Whakamole and Art, and to some extent Ol_Rancher, now we know why the World hates the US. They think it is full of poeple like you.

Hmmmm

7 more pages folks to break the record.

Where are the lawyers who read the fine print and the 'detail' en- ga -neers? On the same page of the original posted PEW link is another survey - wherein Turkey, Lebanon and the U.S. have similar views on what they like to see in a democratic govt - and a bunch of other stuff the muslim world 'wishes' they had in their govt.

The 23% in Turkey who view the U.S. favorably - reminds me of the best way to deal with so called conservatives - up close and personal - yes - outnumbered at the doughnut shop four to one - I got old Harry to turn red and choke on a doughnut while I was explaining how hot Jane Fonda was looking on tv in her old age - good thing he came early and sprang for box(cheaper by the dozen). Of course - that dirty old Republican Marine phart gets me good every once in a while.

Skins and shirts guys - get in there and fight for your team - never mind the odds.

7 more pages, 7 more pages.

unclemick2 said:
Where is that good old American flair for total BS - now that we're in the home stretch.

I'm waiting for my shipment of BS to come in from China.

Honkie said:
So thanks, Whakamole and Art, and to some extent Ol_Rancher, now we know why the World hates the US. They think it is full of poeple like you.

Awww, you're so sweet! :smitten:

This is for unclemick, payback to you, because I enjoy your posts so much.

I suspect that the reason that the US's favorability rating has fallen below China's is that people's views emphasize dynamic factors (how the country is changing) as opposed to static factors (how the place is). China's economy is rising rapidly. They are growing their manufacturing and technology industries. They've become a major economic player. The US has a large trade deficit with China. Not only that, but China is a significant financier of the US government. Sure, they have lot's of problems, and many are due to their rapid growth.

Meanwhile, back in the USA, we're trying to ensure that the next generation have the similiar opportunities as the last. Jobs are outsourced, we need to 'save' social security, rising health care costs are a big problem. Manufacturing jobs are lost. We're bogged down in a war on another continent. We want lower taxes and increased spending. Even most Americans think we're 'headed in the wrong direction'. Just read the 'Young Dreamers' topic in this forum and you'll get the idea. Now imagine how a 'Young Dreamers' section in a Chinese forum might read. In the US many of our issues center around preserving what we already have.

Perceptions are largely shaped by how places are changing, not how they are.

Now for the diatribe...

Welllll! - I'm old enough to remember 'the missile gap' and 'lets beat those evil Ruskie commies to the moon'.

China Gap:confused:??

Heh, heh, heh, heh. Maybe they have to buy something more dramatic than an oil co. to get us out of self - 

My Mom wouldn't mind if they bought The New York Yankees - she still thinks the Bums made a mistake by leaving Brooklyn.

Back
Top Bottom