Chinese Factory Worker Can't Believe the **** He Makes For Americans

Re: Chinese Factory Worker Can't Believe the **** He Makes For Americans

I love the Onion. I always kind of wondered what foreign workers thought about us when they grind out junk.

QUOTE from article:Among the items that Chen has helped create are plastic-bag dispensers, microwave omelet cookers, glow-in-the-dark page magnifiers, Christmas-themed file baskets, animal-shaped contact-lens cases, and adhesive-backed wall hooks.

Let's be real folks, deep in Chen's heart of hearts he would walk on hot coals for one of those "animal-shaped contact-lens cases"

Great article. An example they give is a salad shooter. Someone gave us one of these as a present once. It's fun -- you put in a carrot, and it shoots out the cut up carrot for the salad. Looks great in the commercials, and you can see how someone looking for Christmas presents would find it hard to resist.

But when you compare the bother of taking the thing out, using it, cleaning it and putting it away, cutting up carrots with a knife starts looking pretty good. Same thing with lots of kitchen gadgets.

"Sometimes, an item the factory produces resembles nothing I've ever seen," Chen said. "One time, we made something that looked like a ladle, but it had holes in its cup and a handle that bent down 90 degrees. The foreman told us that it was a soda-can holder for an automobile. If you are lucky enough to own a car, sit back and enjoy the journey. Save the soda beverage for later."

Clearly he doesnt understand the proper use of the cup holder. Its to hold beer, not soda.

Of course you should never drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink.

Yo Chen! Bite me!

Hell yeah man, i'm gonna get my cupholder and salad shooter and go all medieval on his ass!

Better than a "salad tosser"!!

I'm currently ridding myself of small appliances: the espresso machine I've used maybe five times, the steamer ditto, the bread maker...

Keeping the wok and the ice cream maker!!

Oh god. I was hoping nobody was going to go there.

We have a couple of crappy kitchen items we use a lot. The bag sealer, an ice cream maker, a little black and decked food processor thats just a cup with a motor you hold in your hand and place over the bowl. Oh yeah, and my electric knife. Lots of good uses for those. Next time you have to cut up a pineapple or a watermellon, git out your cheapo electric knife, for example...

Notth said:
Oh god. I was hoping nobody was going to go there.

We have a couple of crappy kitchen items we use a lot. The bag sealer, an ice cream maker, a little black and decked food processor thats just a cup with a motor you hold in your hand and place over the bowl. Oh yeah, and my electric knife. Lots of good uses for those. Next time you have to cut up a pineapple or a watermellon, git out your cheapo electric knife, for example...

hey, chef-a-da-future, can it core a apple? :LOL:

Yep. Lay it stem side down and make four cuts.

It does NOT however make julienne fries. It is the only kitchen marvel of the decade that cannot make a julienne fry. I do have a mandoline that does that. Can play a snappy tune on it to.

Come back again! I'll be here all week! Dont forget to tip your waitresses!

Back
Top Bottom