Christmas present thread

Attachments

• bd12_wifi_detector_cap.jpg
    bd12_wifi_detector_cap.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 88
Onion keeper/saver such as theseAmazon.com: Hutzler Onion Saver Container: Kitchen & Dining

Product Description

Contains onion odors while keeping cut onions fresh and moist. Made to look just like an onion, this will never be lost and forgotten in the fridge. Made of plastic, the 2 sides attach by twist lock. Airtight and dishwasher safe. This item comes in a variety of color combinations and is packaged randomly. If you want a certain color please specify when ordering.

I got this last year and it is great.

Htown Harry, the sharpener I use is black plastic with two grades (coarse and fine) of diamond dust coating on either side. Mine is "Buck" brand, but I have seen an identical artical for sale unbranded or with other brands. Works really well, so you could shave with most of my kitchen knives.

Thanks Nords, that's perfect. A simple, quality product made by a 350-year-old company.
"Orange Fiskars scissors are design classics that have been popular for more than four decades."
I may ask for two pair: a pair of the long, heavy general purpose scissors and a set of tailor's scissors with the handle bent a bit so that the material can stay close to the table.

HH,

Just a "heads up" on new Fiskars scissors.... I've had a few "oop-sies" with super-sharp new Fiskars. They were so sharp that as I was cutting off a garment's price tag, the tips also snipped a piece of the garment -- something that I wasn't planning on cutting -- that a duller pair of scissors would've just sort of pushed out of the way.

omni

I almost forgot to mention fruitcake. I'm aware that some people have decided they don't care for it, but perhaps they've forgotten how good liquor-infused cake from a monastery can be. My fruitcake mentor is Isabelle, who reviews cakes at Mondo Fruitcake. I tried the Assumption Abbey fruitcake (wine and rum) last Christmas, and last summer I ordered several cakes from Our Lady of Guadalupe Trappist Abbey and from Gethsemani Farms (Kentucky bourbon), the last being Isabelle's favorite and mine. (The Gethsemani monastery is where Thomas Merton, the famous Christian apologist monk, lived and worked.)

Very rarely, and then I prefer staples or fabric glue to that invention they call thread.;)

This project was bigger than usual, making several cheap santa suits for an upcoming party. I used red thrift store clothes for the base, but used cut-to-size vinyl and thick fleece from the fabric store for the boots and white trim. It was tough going with dull scissors that didn't fit my hands well.

Thinking about it, I use crappy gummint-issue scissors at work, too. It's been a long time since I've used a nice pair of shears.
If you know anyone who has hand problems (carpal tunnel, arthritis, tendinitis), consider a personal favorite of mine. I own 2 pairs of the original model - 1995 vintage and still nice and sharp.
Nobody else likes them :LOL:. They truly are a "hand-saver" :D for me, a leftie with permanent carpal tunnel/tendinitis issues.
Easy Action Scissors (8") / Ease-of-Use / Products - Buy Online (Price $23.93) | Fiskars

Back
Top Bottom