Chrome scroll bar issue

rbmrtn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I said the heck with it and downloaded Firefox. Seems to work well and it imported all my favorites as well.

Dale

My Google Chrome says it is up to date. It still has a scroll bar at the side of the web page, that can easily be moved up and down as always.

It not only doesn't bother me that it has no arrows, but frankly I had not even noticed it. For some reason this simply has not been one of the greater problems in my life.

BTW I am just as cantankerous as the next crabby older woman, and I am sure that the only reason why this doesn't bother me is that I am just too, too busy being bothered by some other minor problem. :D Like, why do kids always have their ears plastered to their cell phones? Why do grocery store employees block the aisles when restocking shelves? Why do drivers insist on doing u-turns during rush hour on an 8-lane major boulevard? Why do advertisers still bother to contact me when I haven't ever bought anything from spam, TV ads, junk mail, junk phone calls, or website advertising, in my 65 years of life? and more.... the arrows on Google Chrome just haven't hit my radar.

Last edited:
I hate it when developers decide to change a long standing UI, and don't provide an option to return it to its previous method.

That said, I don't think I'd miss the arrows, not sure I ever use them. I generally use the page up/down and arrow keys for that - it really cuts down on the cramped hand and carpel tunnel like issues. And the scroll wheel on my mouse runs the page up/down, and I have a left hand scroll wheel on my keyboard. That really helps to break up the motions. I'm always surprised how much DW uses the mouse, instead of a shift-click, she will drag-hold the mouse for a long time, etc - my hand would kill me if I did that.

Even with the mouse, you can click on the bar above or below the shaded area to move a page at a time, or grab it and drag it to scroll where you want.

Try some other methods, you might not miss them at all.

-ERD50

I don't miss the arrows, but it is skinnier than it was and a little bit harder to hit with the cursor arrow. If I get the DTs I'll be in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom