Clean up America! - $crap metal

We had a funny one in the newspaper a few months ago.

Some lady was up early (5am) and talking to her daughter on the phone when it went dead. She called back on her cellphone and while she was talking she looked out the back window and saw some guy working on a pole. As she watched she saw him cutting down sections of phone line and then cutting them up. When the police arrived the guy was still working away filling up his pickup. :bat:

The line he cut was a very old lead jacketed cable with about a hundred wires inside, worth a small fortune according the phone company.

Guys who do that irk me to no end, same as thieves who rip copper pipe off houses.

Compared to shoplifters, they cause damages far greater than the cost of what they steal. In other cultures, they might be hung up by their "you know what".

Our friend Goonie liked them though, and he said in another thread that he pampered his feet. Perhaps the arch of his feet happened to match the curvature of the tires.
Back then my arches were more forgiving than in later years, although those sandals did have some arch support.
Size 205/60? :D
They weren't metrics back then....so mine were probably cut out of some old Mickey Thompson N50/15's....wide & low! :D

Attachments

• Mickey Thompson N50's.jpg
    Mickey Thompson N50's.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1
I've been eying that colored rubber mulch as a replacement for the wood chips we're using around the house, but its still WAY too expensive. $7-8 a square foot on sale.

I live on the shore where the wind blows most of the time, and regular mulch tends to blow away. A number of people here use the rubber mulch, but when it's new and it gets hot it smells like stinky old tires.

Most people here have switched to the little red/brown gravel that looks just like mulch from a distance if you aren't paying attention. Me, I'm sticking with the real thing. It's cheap, biodegradable, and if you keep it moist it tends to stay in place.

Harley

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom