Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-04-2019, 11:04 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
Last time we were there, it was a bunch of overweight elderly people there.
So what? They're not there for your visual enjoyment.
garyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2019, 11:24 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
And the hassle of applying all that sun screen precludes me gardening in my backyard.
I don’t care what other people do but it’s not for me. As rodi points out though, I don’t at all understand why people want to go out totally unprotected and do things like gardening. I work in my yard a lot and appreciate the protection of clothing from all kinds of scrapes, bugs and the sun. That post about using a chain saw naked, is just down right stupid. There’s a reason for a lot of the clothes we wear and not all of it is for fashion or modesty.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #43
Administrator

I have never minded wandering around the locker room at the gym without a stitch on. Nor do I mind the big group shower room. But I have noticed a large number of guys who are quite shy. They will put their shorts on under a towel, for example, or won't use the urinal. It seems that more young guys are like that than older guys. I have occasionally wondered how they came to be that way.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:13 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I have never minded wandering around the locker room at the gym without a stitch on. Nor do I mind the big group shower room. But I have noticed a large number of guys who are quite shy. They will put their shorts on under a towel, for example, or won't use the urinal. It seems that more young guys are like that than older guys. I have occasionally wondered how they came to be that way.
I guess they never were in the military.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:27 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
I can tell you for sure, that giving birth in a Navy hospital will destroy any remnants of modesty a shy Navy wife might have. There were 23 people in the delivery room! I counted them. Doctors, nurses, medical students, and on and on. All wandering around and getting an eyeful and asking me questions.

And this was for an uncomplicated birth. I can't even imagine the crowds attending more medically interesting births.

Oh well. It was worth it to give birth to the sweetest, most adorable little baby I ever saw. Of course I was probably a little biased in that judgment.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #46
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
That could well be. There was certainly no privacy aboard Uncle Sam's Cruise Line. And it is far more likely that older men are veterans.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #47
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

1. I can get a sunburn walking to the mailbox.
2. They cut off parts of you with suspected skin cancer
Therefore: there are some parts of me that will never be exposed to direct sunlight....
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
There are a LOT of people I don't want to see naked, I can already see enough when they are clothed to know I don't want to see more of them.
Florida Man likes to walk around in public almost-naked in deep summer regardless of the condition of his body. Beach ball belly? No problem! More body hair than the average bear? Go for it! Closer to 90 than 30 years old? Whatever! I’ve seen some things I’ll never be able to unsee no matter how hard I try.
socca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #49
gone traveling

This is a unique thread, talk about wasting precious time none of us will ever get back.
bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #50
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

This thread is useless without relevant photos.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls99 View Post
based on the self-descriptions already provided in this thread: "NO! (PLEASE!)"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:40 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
That post about using a chain saw naked, is just down right stupid. There’s a reason for a lot of the clothes we wear and not all of it is for fashion or modesty.
That's what I thought, but everyone got a good laugh at the 90 year old guy cutting up firewood. I wouldn't do it, but to each their own.

Unless I'm at the beach, I still usually wear shoes when naked outdoors. We have lots of fir trees that drop these little sticky cone tips on the ground. If we go outside barefoot we get hundreds of those things stuck to the bottom of our feet. Like tree sap, they are a real chore to wash off. So, we typically have sandals on.

I've never done any gardening or lawn care in the buff. For one, that puts me out in more public areas visible from the road, but there are stickers and flying debris to deal with. I'll keep my suit of armor for those tasks.
mountainsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I can tell you for sure, that giving birth in a Navy hospital will destroy any remnants of modesty a shy Navy wife might have. There were 23 people in the delivery room! I counted them. Doctors, nurses, medical students, and on and on. All wandering around and getting an eyeful and asking me questions.

And this was for an uncomplicated birth. I can't even imagine the crowds attending more medically interesting births.

Oh well. It was worth it to give birth to the sweetest, most adorable little baby I ever saw. Of course I was probably a little biased in that judgment.
23 seems excessive, but as a labor and delivery nurse it’s routine to have 4 to 5 health professionals at each delivery. OB Doc, delivery Rn, Ped doc, are always there second nurse to help Ped and second Rn or scrub tech to help delivery nurse is common.

I ve seen a lot of naked.

My husband would go naked any place he could.

Convinced me to go naked on Orient beach in St Martin. No issues with the other naked on the beach but the obvious looky loos’s passing through made it real uncomfortable. Net net you can be naked I am not modest in front of professionals but I prefer to be clothed.
Vacation4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #54
Administrator

Quote:
maybe ... but my vision isn't what it used to be so my mind has to pick up the slack, filling in the missing info
Old 12-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #55

Quote:
I have never minded wandering around the locker room at the gym without a stitch on. Nor do I mind the big group shower room.
I like the freedom of being naked outdoors, but being in close quarters with other people makes me uncomfortable (naked or clothed). Weird, huh.

Quote:
I have noticed a large number of guys who are quite shy. They will put their shorts on under a towel, for example, or won't use the urinal. It seems that more young guys are like that than older guys. I have occasionally wondered how they came to be that way.
I'm one of those guys that can't use a urinal if anyone else is around. It's honestly kind of annoying. I've pulled off at rest areas about to burst, but if a urinal is all that is available the plumbing just locks up. I can stand there all day, it isn't gonna happen no matter how bad I need to go. I've literally gone back to the car and driven to the next rest area in hopes of finding an empty stall. Hows that for a hangup.

You would think I would be all "free willy" with my open view on nudity, but I've always been that way when it comes to using the bathroom. I'm not sure why, though being an only child probably had a lot to do with it.

My wife and I agreed early on that using the bathroom was private time, off limits. In 37+ years I've never seen her use the toilet and she hasn't seen me. We're both happy keeping it that way.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:13 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
There were 23 people in the delivery room!
My wife had a long delivery, so she laid there with legs spread as doctors and nurses from multiple shifts popped in and took a look to see how things were progressing. Thankfully, she was a little preoccupied at the time, and had other things on her mind than who was looking. Still, we got a good laugh out of it once it was all over.

We both remember this one doctor who came in. He was a huge man, built like a tank, very intimidating. Kind of like Dwayne Johnson in scrubs. We looked at each other with a bit of fear that he was going to deliver our tiny baby, but thankfully his shift ended before the baby came.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:16 PM   #57

Quote:
Do you want 5x7's or 8x10's?
Old 12-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacation4us View Post
No issues with the other naked on the beach but the obvious looky loos’s passing through made it real uncomfortable.
Yeah, that's the downside to most nude beaches. There's always the pervy folks looking in. That happens a lot less at remote areas like hot springs, or dedicated nude resorts. Finding a secluded beach or mountain area you can enjoy alone with your significant other is better. Your own back yard is great if you are fortunate enough to have the privacy to be free.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:34 PM   #59
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsoft View Post
Do you want 5x7's or 8x10's?
5x7 is ok, 8x10 from those with bragging rights.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #60

Quote:
5x7 is ok, 8x10 from those with bragging rights.
They have magazines for that
Vacation4us is offline   Reply With Quote