CNBC listened (so we can)

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
Here’s something nice: I use the CNBC app on my iThings pretty often to check on markets, get quotes, read overviews, etc. I don’t watch their TV broadcasts, although I did when I had cable TV.

I also listen to non-CNBC audio. Radio, podcasts, etc.

Recently, CNBC released an update to their app that commandeered the audio on my device. Just shut it off, interrupting whatever I might be listening to. Yow!

Their app also had a “rate CNBC” survey like many others. I usually ignore, but this time I replied and complained about the audio takeover problem.

Amazingly, I received an email reply saying that the feedback was relayed. Just this afternoon, I received an email confirming that the problem is now addressed and suggesting I update to a new release. Very nice.

And my normal listening is now not interrupted by CNBC.

I use CNBC but never experienced this issue. It’s great that they responded to your feedback along with thousands of others I guess. Windows 10 auto plays video clips with audio enabled and it can’t be shut off so I may be changing to something else.

I use CNBC but never experienced this issue. It’s great that they responded to your feedback along with thousands of others I guess. Windows 10 auto plays video clips with audio enabled and it can’t be shut off so I may be changing to something else.

If you use the Chrome browser try the Disable HTML5 Autoplay extension.

No doubt your “thousands of users” guess is right.

But direct contact is good practice and much better than that rare and informative phrase one sees in descriptions of software releases:

“Bug fixes and performance improvements.”

Back
Top Bottom