Cokie Roberts, RIP

I always liked seeing her on ABC's "This Week" back in the 1990s. She appeared on that show not too long ago and just sounded awful. Barely recognized her. Made me cringe. :(

RIP Cokie Roberts. :(

Very sad to hear this. She really understood how Washington works and was great at explaining it to the rest of us. Quite a loss.

She always thought before she spoke and then listened again to others analysis. She didn't have just an angle but a world view. Interesting to hear her and George Will disagree.

George Will had complimentary commentary on ATC tonight.

I’ve been listening to her since the beginning; they said she started on NPR in 1978. It was difficult to hear her voice this year. Pretty clear she was failing.

RIP, Cokie. You are already missed.

She always thought before she spoke and then listened again to others analysis. She didn't have just an angle but a world view. Interesting to hear her and George Will disagree.

+1

I started listening to her many years ago and always thought she was the adult in the room full of kids. I will miss her.

RIP. Bright but aloof, but head and shoulders above 90% of what passes for mainstream journalism today IMO. Nothing left but partisans, some subtle others not at all.

May she rest in peace. Another "journalist" who at 75 should have retired years ago but felt they still thought they still were important enough to give their opinion/slant to the masses.

May she rest in peace. Another "journalist" who at 75 should have retired years ago but felt they still thought they still were important enough to give their opinion/slant to the masses.

That was very touching...

I don't have any problem with age and its accompanying wisdom as long as there is still competence, which she had to the end.

I alway liked Cokie. On the other hand there are two the same age (73) that I could do without. Just Woodruff and Andrea Mitchell.

She spoke at my graduation...I was not impressed.

Her speech was essentially about her accomplishments..."I," "me," "my," etc.

Maybe she was working on an autobiography?

Back
Top Bottom