Cold Fusion: Please Check for Accuracy

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I'm including a short "Making of" feature along with my next [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]book that talks about the technologies I mention. One of those technologies is cold fusion. Could you let me know if I've gotten anything wrong in this short article? Thanks. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In Yesterday’s Thief, Dr. Zaharia Dudnic developed a device that used cold fusion to create a dramatic amount of electricity. He was able to power his entire estate with a football-sized gadget.

[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In nuclear fusion, the reaction that fuels stars, nuclei of atoms are forced to squish together, creating a new elements. A reaction like that releases a substantial amount of energy because the new nucleus has less mass than the sum of its parts. The missing mass is converted to energy according to an equation you may have heard of: E=mc^2.

[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]In 1989, Stanley Pons and Martin Fleischmann announced that they could generate heat by forcing a fusion reaction to occur at room temperature. Specifically, they claimed they were able to squish deuterium molecules together, resulting in helium-4.

[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Others had trouble replicating their results, and their work was soon discredited. That’s why, in my book, neither Dr. Diallo nor Dr. Baumgartner (the Barbie doll) took Eric seriously when he talked of Dr. Dudnic’s work.

[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Today, some scientists are taking another look at cold fusion, also called LENR (Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions). They are convinced it is feasible.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]60 minutes did a documentary on this with the clever name: “Cold Fusion is Hot Again.” You can watch that and several other documentaries on this topic here.

[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Perhaps you can figure out figure out whether a device like Dr. Dudnic’s is right around the corner. I sure can’t.

[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Verdict: Maybe[/FONT]

Not scientific but you repeat "figure out" in this second to last paragraph:

Perhaps you can figure out figure out whether a device like Dr. Dudnic’s is right around the corner. I sure can’t.

Back
Top Bottom