Collapsible Camper for Bicycles

I dunno about this part:

Our mobile tiny houses offer instant shelter from the weather, a comfortable bed for 2.5 people...

Which half of the third person do you take? And won't they bleed a lot?

Too bad they don't have high speed axles and bearings on that camper. It'd be great to tow behind a Gold Wing.

Too bad they don't have high speed axles and bearings on that camper. It'd be great to tow behind a Gold Wing.

I'm not sure that would help. If it is light enough to tow with a bicycle I bet a strong (25mph?) wind would blow it over. Okay on a bicycle but not on the Gold Wing.

As a touring bicyclist, I am going to look into this. I can picture my DW riding the single bike towing the trailer. I expect she can picture me. So, if we get the trailer, we may need to buy a tandem.

As a touring bicyclist, I am going to look into this. I can picture my DW riding the single bike towing the trailer.

You can be taking a nap in the trailer while she pedals.

If a 25-mile ride is a long ride (for me), what would a 25-mile ride be pulling this trailer...?

I think saddle bags and a tent would be the way to do it, or pedal to the next Motel 6 and get a hot shower and soft bed for $39.

45 kg = 100 lbs. !!:confused:

On level ground maybe, but the first even mild hill would kill me.

Ultralight tent in some panniers is as much as I'd be willing to carry over any distance.

That seems a little heavy for anything but flat, slow touring. I usually motel-toured, but on my camping rides a 3lb tent and 3lb sleeping bag (same ones I used backpacking) set up in maybe 5 minutes kept me warm and dry.

That thing looks cool but terrifying. It must be a feather-weight. I can't imagine crossing a high bridge with a 40 MPH cross wind towing that thing.

That seems a little heavy for anything but flat, slow touring. I usually motel-toured, but on my camping rides a 3lb tent and 3lb sleeping bag (same ones I used backpacking) set up in maybe 5 minutes kept me warm and dry.

I just rode across the US carrying a total of 20lbs of gear and that included a tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat and cooking equipment. That "camper" can't be practical, or fun, if there are any hills IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom