College Football

Please stay away from this kind of conversation. Would like to be able to have a college football thread stay open.

Looks like it is being discussed. But UCF took it to GA Tech! Go Knights!

Last edited:
Help! My team--UNC Tar Heels-- was suppose to play football yesterday (9/19) but the team they were suppose to play cancelled at the last minute. Now UNC is looking for a team to play this upcoming Saturday (9/26) since UNC had a bye weekend on the 26th. The UNC AD just announced they have not been able to find anyone available to play. Under the ACC rules the game would have to be played in the state of North Carolina (but the school does not have to be located in NC). At this late date I guess the game would have to be played at UNC. Any ideas?

Help! My team--UNC Tar Heels-- was suppose to play football yesterday (9/19) but the team they were suppose to play cancelled at the last minute. Now UNC is looking for a team to play this upcoming Saturday (9/26) since UNC had a bye weekend on the 26th. The UNC AD just announced they have not been able to find anyone available to play. Under the ACC rules the game would have to be played in the state of North Carolina (but the school does not have to be located in NC). At this late date I guess the game would have to be played at UNC. Any ideas?

Supposed.

Thanks--tried to add the missing "d" but it is too late. Were you a grammar teacher?

Kinda silly how they did a quick reversal after new 'rapid testing' was available. I think they saw how football was working for most (with some cancellations) and were getting a lot of heat from their constituency.

Especially the part about cutting other sports programs because of the drop in sports revenue... It's all about the benjamins.

Preseason is over. Reality starts this weekend.

Thanks--tried to add the missing "d" but it is too late. Were you a grammar teacher?

Thank you for your gracious response. I really did intend to help, but in hindsight I likely should not have posted such a trivial correction.

Thank you for your gracious response. I really did intend to help, but in hindsight I likely should not have posted such a trivial correction.

Please display your badge during future enforcement operations...

Attachments

• GP.JPG
    GP.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 22
Should be "To serve and auto-correct".

Or is it autocorrect? Or auto correct?

Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into? Grammars is hard too.

Please display your badge during future enforcement operations...

:D Nice!

I just thought of a lame defense for my post (not really): This was a thread on COLLEGE football. And I am a college professor, so it was kinda sorta relevant? :flowers:

Just kidding. Mea culpa.

:D Nice!

I just thought of a lame defense for my post (not really): This was a thread on COLLEGE football. And I am a college professor, so it was kinda sorta relevant? :flowers:

Just kidding. Mea culpa.

I was a college prof one time but I retired and got over it. :dance:

My school is the UNC Tar Heels. Out-to-Lunch who do you pull for?

I was a college prof one time but I retired and got over it. :dance:

Good for you! I am planning that this is my final Academic Year. (It is possible that OMY syndrome could drag me back, but I don't think so!!) :D

My school is the UNC Tar Heels. Out-to-Lunch who do you pull for?

Despite being connected, sometimes peripherally, with so many schools over the years as one makes one's way up the academic ladder, there is still no substitute for your undergrad alma mater. So I root for a team that is NOT in the ACC, but will be trying to win the ACC championship this year. That gives it away -- did you get it? :) (See you on Nov. 27th. :cool:)

Good for you! I am planning that this is my final Academic Year. (It is possible that OMY syndrome could drag me back, but I don't think so!!) :D

Despite being connected, sometimes peripherally, with so many schools over the years as one makes one's way up the academic ladder, there is still no substitute for your undergrad alma mater. So I root for a team that is NOT in the ACC, but will be trying to win the ACC championship this year. That gives it away -- did you get it? :) (See you on Nov. 27th. :cool:)

Notre Dame eh? There are some hard feelings in the ACC about ND. ND joined the ACC for everything but football and then this year ND comes begging to be in the ACC for one year for football--make up your mind!

Notre Dame eh? There are some hard feelings in the ACC about ND. ND joined the ACC for everything but football and then this year ND comes begging to be in the ACC for one year for football--make up your mind!

I don't blame you.

But then again, the ACC could have said "No," right? But they didn't, so I guess it wasn't a bad deal for them, either.

Out-to-Lunch -- Just heard that ND cannot play this Saturday due to "health issues" involving 10 players. They were suppose to play Wake Forest. Maybe my team UNC can play Wake Forest this Saturday since we have a bye day. Got to be flexible these days.

Out-to-Lunch -- Just heard that ND cannot play this Saturday due to "health issues" involving 10 players. They were suppose to play Wake Forest. Maybe my team UNC can play Wake Forest this Saturday since we have a bye day. Got to be flexible these days.

Aww, jeez. I was in the camp of "They shouldn't be playing at all." I.e., I thought the Big 10/Pac 12 were correct, and that ND et al. were wrong.

I do not want to be proven correct! Hope it is fleeting.

I'm just happy to see some real SEC football this weekend. Weird seeing few fans in the stadium and it will be interesting to see the lack of home team advantage without a bunch of rowdy drunk noisy fans, but at least we get see some boys knock heads.

GO DAWGS!

I could never understand the desire some have to watch other people play sports instead of doing one themselves. I guess I just wasn’t raised that way. My wife was a football fan but some time ago decided football would not be allowed back in our home. Ever! That’s great for me. Some of my favorite ski days are days like Superbowl day when we have the whole mountain all to ourselves. I’m happy that so many others still like sitting on their couch and watching these guys. It keeps a lot of people off of our roads, off of our favorite ski mountains, off of our blue ribbon trout streams and rivers, and out of our gym.

troutnut1, I too like doing things myself--skiing, dancing, biking, hiking, boating. But there is something wonderful about having a sports team to follow and cheer for. There is nothing like being in the stadium with thousands of fellow fans and joining in camaraderie to cheer for a common cause. I normally want to be at the games in person--watching on TV is just not the same but this year we cannot be there in person so watching on TV will have to do. This year has been such a hard year--sports on TV brings back some normalcy, some fun, some joy.

I think 5he big 10 thought after they cancelled the season, the rest of the football world would fall in line.

I'm glad they didn't.

I think 5he big 10 thought after they cancelled the season, the rest of the football world would fall in line.

I'm glad they didn't.

The under-estimated the feelings of the players, their parents and the fans.

troutnut1, I too like doing things myself--skiing, dancing, biking, hiking, boating. But there is something wonderful about having a sports team to follow and cheer for. There is nothing like being in the stadium with thousands of fellow fans and joining in camaraderie to cheer for a common cause. I normally want to be at the games in person--watching on TV is just not the same but this year we cannot be there in person so watching on TV will have to do. This year has been such a hard year--sports on TV brings back some normalcy, some fun, some joy.

I agree with everything you said, but that said, it's just not the same this year. I am used to 80k+ (100k+ if youconsider tailgaters that don't go in), but can't bring myslef to make the trek down for this environment. :(

I agree with everything you said, but that said, it's just not the same this year. I am used to 80k+ (100k+ if youconsider tailgaters that don't go in), but can't bring myslef to make the trek down for this environment. :(

At UNC we can only have a few fans in the stands under the statewide rules (so far only parents of players) but even if I could get a ticket I would not go this year, just have to watch on TV. I am grateful they are able to play at all and hope they can continue.

At UNC we can only have a few fans in the stands under the statewide rules (so far only parents of players) but even if I could get a ticket I would not go this year, just have to watch on TV. I am grateful they are able to play at all and hope they can continue.

Don't get me wrong, I'm watching! :D Just doesn't feel the same.

And with only ~19k allowed in, would probably not qualify for a ticket under their tier program anyway.

Back
Top Bottom