Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-25-2020, 04:56 AM   #101
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-to-Lunch View Post
And Harllee is a happy girl!
Yes I am--last week my UNC Tar Heels lost to Florida State and deservedly dropped big time in the rankings. Yesterday the Heels beat our rival NC State 41-28 so we are happy today.
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2020, 06:15 AM   #102
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
Indiana was down by 1, and turned the ball over on downs with just under 2 minutes to play. Too much time for Penn St ... [and Indiana eventually won]
The majority of us Big 10 alumni know it is a good day when Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State lose. From one fan of a fellow feckless team (Illinois), I celebrate with my neighbors in Indiana today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-to-Lunch View Post
And Harllee is a happy girl!
Joe is unhappy that his adopted team got beat by Harllee's pale blue favorite.

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:29 AM   #103
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post
The majority of us Big 10 alumni know it is a good day when Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State lose. From one fan of a fellow feckless team (Illinois), I celebrate with my neighbors in Indiana today!

Joe is unhappy that his adopted team got beat by Harllee's pale blue favorite.
Joe, don't tell me you are an NC State fan?
Old 10-25-2020, 08:49 AM   #104
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
looks like someone is going on "ignore"

meanwhile the Pac 12 is getting going....eventually 2 more weeks
Scrapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:05 AM   #105
Give me a forum ...

Another oddity yesterday was the number of FGs that hit the goalposts. I saw/heard two different games where kicks solidly hit the uprights. There must've been microphones on them because the sound really reverberated. Then in OT, Rice tried a FG which hit the right upright, then the cross bar, then the left upright, the cross bar again, and fell back into the end zone.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:09 AM   #106
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Another oddity yesterday was the number of FGs that hit the goalposts. I saw/heard two different games where kicks solidly hit the uprights. There must've been microphones on them because the sound really reverberated. Then in OT, Rice tried a FG which hit the right upright, then the cross bar, then the left upright, the cross bar again, and fell back into the end zone.
Yes. Rice was amazing.

Another oddity was PSU FG try from 57 yards that went on target 56.5 yards. Different game if it clears crossbar.
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #107
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
At the UNC v NC State game we had the same issue. The UNC kicker missed a short field goal when the football hit the goalpost. But he redeemed himself later with a 40 and a 30 yard field goal. I wonder whether the fact that practices over the summer where cut short has especially affected kickers.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:05 AM   #108
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Anyone but Duke. After that, I have a hierarchy starting with the engineering school. It is my adopted region, so I'm not rabid about anything.

If it makes you feel better, I was in Chapel Hill at the Illinois vs UNC game in 2016 and watched my Illini get their behinds handed to them. Oh, and let's not forget that BB national championship year of UNC vs Illinois. We know how that ended up. So don't worry, harllee, I'm no threat to UNC fandom.

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:33 AM   #109
Give me a forum ...

Glad Mack Brown came home to UNC and is having some success already in his second year.
Seems to be generating some jealousy in Austin.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:44 AM   #110
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post
Anyone but Duke. After that, I have a hierarchy starting with the engineering school. It is my adopted region, so I'm not rabid about anything.

If it makes you feel better, I was in Chapel Hill at the Illinois vs UNC game in 2016 and watched my Illini get their behinds handed to them. Oh, and let's not forget that BB national championship year of UNC vs Illinois. We know how that ended up. So don't worry, harllee, I'm no threat to UNC fandom.
OK I understand--at least you would rank UNC above Duke. It is great for a college sports fan like myself to live in an area with 3 universities with good programs in a 25 mile radius. Oh by the way I was at that 2005 NCAA Final Four--I have been fortunate to see UNC win 5 Final Fours in person so that has been a thrill for me.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:46 AM   #111
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecfo View Post
Glad Mack Brown came home to UNC and is having some success already in his second year.
Seems to be generating some jealousy in Austin.
We are grateful to have Mack back at UNC and I think he is glad to be here. Although I must admit I was mad at him when he left UNC for Texas in '97. UNC just could not match the $$.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:47 AM   #112
gone traveling

Looks like it is Clemson, Bama, and then whoever else makes it to Playoffs again this year
Tiger8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:02 PM   #113
Full time employment: Posting here.

Even though I went to a Big Ten school, I cannot get myself interested in college football or college basketball anymore.

The NCAA is so corrupt.

They recently punished UMass women's tennis over $250 because the school continued to pay for landline after the two women tennis players moved off-campus. Seriously?
https://www.masslive.com/umassbasket...orth-9187.html
retire-early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:46 PM   #114
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
We are grateful to have Mack back at UNC and I think he is glad to be here. Although I must admit I was mad at him when he left UNC for Texas in '97. UNC just could not match the $$.
Well yeah I mean UNC is a basketball school after all. But I think the fit with Mack is fantastic.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:40 AM   #115
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecfo View Post
Well yeah I mean UNC is a basketball school after all. But I think the fit with Mack is fantastic.
But UNC would like to be a basketball school AND a football school (as well as a women's soccer school)!
Old 10-31-2020, 11:06 AM   #116
gone traveling

Looks like Clemson can't handle the mental adversity
Old 10-31-2020, 01:00 PM   #117
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger8693 View Post
Looks like Clemson can't handle the mental adversity
Clemson has been missing their star QB who is out with Covid but Clemson just scored and took the lead. So maybe they can handle it after all.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:48 PM   #118
gone traveling

Quote:
Clemson has been missing their star QB who is out with Covid but Clemson just scored and took the lead. So maybe they can handle it after all.
Well, they pulled it out. Hopefully they gain some confidence prior to ND next week. Trevor Lawrence will likely still be out, but the Freshman threw for nearly 350 yards and 2 TD's in his absence. Real problem at this point is the defense.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:02 PM   #119
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger8693 View Post
Well, they pulled it out. Hopefully they gain some confidence prior to ND next week. Trevor Lawrence will likely still be out, but the Freshman threw for nearly 350 yards and 2 TD's in his absence. Real problem at this point is the defense.
I thought Lawrence's 10 day Covid quarantine would be up by the ND game
Old 10-31-2020, 02:04 PM   #120
gone traveling

Quote:
I thought Lawrence's 10 day Covid quarantine would be up by the ND game
Quarantine up, and being able to play... 2 different things. The other young man gained confidence and will do fine. Defense needs to get starters healthy to have a chance