Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-25-2020, 02:07 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My UNC Tar Heels are not playing tomorrow (bye week). Any suggestions of good college football games tomorrow to watch on TV?
harllee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2020, 04:37 PM   #82
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by harllee View Post
My UNC Tar Heels are not playing tomorrow (bye week). Any suggestions of good college football games tomorrow to watch on TV?
LSU vs Miss State, I believe it airs 2:30 CST.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #83
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Looks like the PAC 12 has fallen in line, although still no fans in the stadiums.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:29 PM   #84
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Um, I would say K State-Okie, and LSU-Miss. State. Upset time! LSU game isn't over yet.

Too late you say? Do what I do, watch a game that looks to be interesting, but watch all the scores. Switch over to a close game, especially in the 2nd half.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:19 PM   #85
Give me a forum ...

Enjoyed seeing UNC's rival Duke lose to Virginia
Old 09-27-2020, 07:13 AM   #86
gone traveling

I knew LSU would be challenged this year due to losing a record number of players to NFL and then others who opted out due to Covid and to get ready for next years draft. Play from the secondary was horrible with the man to man coverage. I do not know why they did not change to zone coverage as they could not hang man to man. Maybe would have been a little different if Stingley was not hospitalized before the game and unable to play. Offensive line provided no pass protection for Brennan nor were they effective for the run game. Too many inexperienced young players that need to get better quickly. Hats off the Leach for his big win and to his graduate transfer QB who was superb with his air raid offense.
eytonxav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:27 AM   #87
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
I knew LSU would be challenged this year due to losing a record number of players to NFL and then others who opted out due to Covid and to get ready for next years draft. Play from the secondary was horrible with the man to man coverage. I do not know why they did not change to zone coverage as they could not hang man to man. Maybe would have been a little different if Stingley was not hospitalized before the game and unable to play. Offensive line provided no pass protection for Brennan nor were they effective for the run game. Too many inexperienced young players that need to get better quickly. Hats off the Leach for his big win and to his graduate transfer QB who was superb with his air raid offense.
I watched some of that game and from a neutral standpoint it was a great game. Sorry for the LSU loss. The Miss. St. quarterback (transferred from Stanford I think) was very impressive. Florida also looked very good in their win.

There were several really good games yesterday. I am glad college football is back and I hope they can continue to play safely.

GO COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!
Old 10-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Anybody watching any college football today? My UNC Tar Heels won a close one over Boston College, I am just glad they got to play.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #89
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Anybody watching any college football today? My UNC Tar Heels won a close one over Boston College, I am just glad they got to play.
With Big Ten getting off to a late start i'm not getting invested for a few more weeks incase they decide to cancel more games or even the rest of the season. Haven't watched a game yet
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #90

Bad call, Dan:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...acking-stadium

Quote:
Florida football coach Dan Mullen backtracked on his call to "pack The Swamp" for Saturday's game against LSU, but the issue became moot anyway.

After a coronavirus outbreak on his team, the game was postponed Wednesday, with a tentative makeup date of Dec. 12.
Quote:
The Gators had at least 21 players and coaches test positive for the coronavirus and dozens more quarantined because of contact tracing. That left them with fewer than the conference-mandated 53 scholarship players available Saturday against defending national champion LSU.
Out-to-Lunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:32 AM   #91
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out-to-Lunch View Post
Intriguing that a crowd of 25K at Texas A&M could have been loud enough, according to Mullen, too have an impact on the game.
Montecfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:18 AM   #92
Give me a forum ...

They drained the swamp before they could pack it.

JoeWras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 11:32 AM   #93
Give me a forum ...

My UNC Tar Heels are playing tonight at FSU, UNC is 3-0 and surprisingly ranking #5 in the nation (I realize the polls are strange this year with some schools yet to play). Go Heels!
Old 10-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #94

I have watched a couple games for 5 minutes. I can't get into it without a rabid crowd, though. Even so, I will probably watch the Penn State v Indiana game at 3:30 Saturday Oct 24, on Fox Sports 1. I don't get Fox Sports 1 on my cable, so I think I'll listen on the radio for the first half and then watch the second half at a bar. WE ARE....
John Galt III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #95
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt III View Post
I have watched a couple games for 5 minutes. I can't get into it without a rabid crowd, though. Even so, I will probably watch the Penn State v Indiana game at 3:30 Saturday Oct 24, on Fox Sports 1. I don't get Fox Sports 1 on my cable, so I think I'll listen on the radio for the first half and then watch the second half at a bar. WE ARE....
That was a pretty wild and odd game. Indiana was down by 1, and turned the ball over on downs with just under 2 minutes to play. Too much time for Penn St to just sit on the ball, so they ran a real play. And Indiana let them score. The ball carrier started to think about it as he got inside the 5, but went in. So Indiana got the ball back down by 8 now, scored a TD+ 2 pt conversion. Then in OT, both teams scored, but Indiana went for 2 and made it on about as close of a play as you'd want to see.

I'd never seen that "let the other team score" ploy actually work.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:01 PM   #96
Dryer sheet aficionado

College football is different for sure without the crowds and roaring fans in the stands but I am sure enjoying it as it takes us away for a little while from the ongoing challenges in our country and globally so I’ll take that for sure.
Awaiting now for PAC 12 to begin playing!
Old 10-24-2020, 07:39 PM   #97
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
That was a pretty wild and odd game. Indiana was down by 1, and turned the ball over on downs with just under 2 minutes to play. Too much time for Penn St to just sit on the ball, so they ran a real play. And Indiana let them score. The ball carrier started to think about it as he got inside the 5, but went in. So Indiana got the ball back down by 8 now, scored a TD+ 2 pt conversion. Then in OT, both teams scored, but Indiana went for 2 and made it on about as close of a play as you'd want to see.

I'd never seen that "let the other team score" ploy actually work.
It was heck of a game. I did not think the Hoosiers scored on the 2 point. But gutsy and smart to go for it there.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #98
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecfo View Post
It was heck of a game. I did not think the Hoosiers scored on the 2 point. But gutsy and smart to go for it there.
Pylon camera might've been the only view to see it. Not sure they have it for all games, and it might have been too close. In real time I didn't think he made it, but on replay it looked like the right call, but I wouldn't have overruled whatever the call on the field was.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:06 PM   #99
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningBum View Post
Pylon camera might've been the only view to see it. Not sure they have it for all games, and it might have been too close. In real time I didn't think he made it, but on replay it looked like the right call, but I wouldn't have overruled whatever the call on the field was.
Yes, I thought the sideline view showed the ball hit OOB before pylon. That was clearest look. The end zone look I thought looked more like he broke the plane, but no way to tell from that angle.

Amazed he could stretch that far without elbow or knee hitting. Amazing play and huge win.
Old 10-24-2020, 09:44 PM   #100

And Harllee is a happy girl!
Out-to-Lunch is online now   Reply With Quote