College Football 2021

Aside from the playoff system debate, I am more concerned about establishing reasonable ground rules for the transfer portal and NIL recruiting bounties (eg A&M big $ boosters), otherwise we will continue to see the same powerhouses every year and an even more lop sided landscape.

NIL will change CFB more than anything, there's already a booster wanting to pay Caleb Williams $1mil to come to E. Michigan for a year.

The lightly attended bowls have been that way for years, before the playoff came along. They have always been tourism drivers for the teams involved and I don't see how expansion makes that any worse, nor do I think it will affect TV ratings. It will definitely keep more of the best players in the games instead of skipping.

Really hate what happened to Corral, and that's why a lot of guys skip if they're going to be upper round NFL picks.

Also hope they settle on 8 teams to expand, it's the best option to me (could be P5 champs, best of G5 and two at-large, but they'll probably go with selection committee picks for top 8 which is fine too). You add one week and four bowls, and it means all the top bowls get playoff games every year. 12 is too many but I know they want that TV money.

Last edited:
Do you happen to know how many regular season games most FCS schools play? Many FBS schools need those home games for the revenue. FCS doesn't have the big TV contract, but also not the big facilities, salaries, etc
I think 11. I hear schools talk about the extra home game needed, but TV money has been sky rocketing so I think that's just an excuse for an extra money grab. The revenue from expanded playoffs could be spread among all schools (extra to the teams involved, of course) and it would probably cover the loss of a home game, and more. Hotels and restaurants near the stadium are a different story.

I'm going with Georgia tonight. They probably keep some things under wraps in the first game since it wasn't "must win" for them, and I really like their defense.

Of course being a Georgia boy who is NOT a fan of Alabama...you know who I am rooting for.

What I *do* know is that it's awesome being retired. I have no need to complain about the game being on a Monday night and then having to drag myself out of bed the next morning for w*rk. ;)

I joined the BTD club that Robbie leads by sending CINC house and youngest to the game! Go Dawgs…Sic em!!!!

Bama beat Cincy on the first drive. I thought that game was not as close as the score, statistically. I thought Cincy had good special teams, but they could not run or stop the run. That was the game.

Michigan played a much better team. Hard to compare the two.

Not sure if they played a better team, both are equally good. Michigan got absolutely trounced the entire game.

I am so proud of my dawgs . I have been going to games in Athens since I was a kid and it so great to finally win another championship!

Bama loss = Happy Day!

I am so proud of my dawgs . I have been going to games in Athens since I was a kid and it so great to finally win another championship!

Definitely a good day to be a Georgia boy (or girl). :dance:

Also very happy to sleep in this morning...I was pretty amped up those last 5 minutes last night!!!

Took my boy up to the game! What a win! Frankly, ugly offense by Dawgs most of game … till 4th quarter, but they stayed strong. Kirby NOW looks like a genius for riding the Bennett train all the way into the station. Defense carried the offense all season. Proud of my Dawgs!

Great game. Excited to see Georgia win. It had been a long drought for them. A little humble pie for Alabama, too. I did think Georgia was celebrating a little early. Crazy things can happen with 45 seconds left. But, this time, they didn't.

As to expansion, would it actually change anything? Seems like adding games would potentially lead to more injuries. As it was, several teams lost key players during the playoffs and section championships. Football is a rough sport. Every additional game is rough on the body.

Wow, I fell asleep mid 3rd quarter - guess I missed the entire game! Fortunately I'm neutral on both teams so I don't care either way.

Great game. Excited to see Georgia win. It had been a long drought for them. A little humble pie for Alabama, too. I did think Georgia was celebrating a little early. Crazy things can happen with 45 seconds left. But, this time, they didn't.

There is NOTHING Alabama could have done in the last :45, even if Georgia stopped playing offense all together but that was good for my blood pressure. :D

My husband went to bed at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I that hate he missed it. My 14 year old and I watched it together. Good game!

Happy to see Georgia and Bennett win if for no other reason that my high school mascot was a Bulldog! :)

Back
Top Bottom