College Football 2021

Kentucky looks like another big loss in Sanford stadium to me, an up and coming program like Arkansas that's not going to win on the road against the best programs.

So you are predicting a blowout win for the dawgs? While it may be the year for Georgia, I will be surprised if they walk all over the Wildcats.

They're a 23 point pick right now and Kentucky's offense is not as good as Auburn's (which UGA just blew out on the road with a D as good as last year's Bama team), so yeah.

Never underestimate home field advantage in the SEC with teams that aren't used to the success.

Last edited:
They're a 23 point pick right now and Kentucky's offense is not as good as Auburn's (which UGA just blew out on the road with a D as good as last year's Bama team), so yeah.

Never underestimate home field advantage in the SEC with teams that aren't used to the success.

I've learned to never take any team lightly in college football on a given day.

Georgia should handle Kentucky fairly easily I'd bet. Kentucky has a pretty one dimensional offense.

New Polls

It is kind of interesting how little Bama fell in polls, falling only to #5. Seems like losing to an unranked team should have greater penalty.

Part of that perhaps is attributable to perceived weakness of teams outside Top 5. Or stated differently, weakness of their resumes to this point.

How far below Cincy for example can Bama fall, realistically, when they play ranked opponents many weeks?

Looks to me like if Ohio State can overcome a brutal schedule of Penn State (#7), Michigan (#8), Michigan State (#10), and then Iowa (#2) in B1G championship game, both OSU and Iowa should make it. I think Iowa will win the rest of their division games from here.

OSU are improving game to game and will need to continue to do so to win the B1G.

Go Bucks !! [emoji3]

Looks to me like if Ohio State can overcome a brutal schedule of Penn State (#7), Michigan (#8), Michigan State (#10), and then Iowa (#2) in B1G championship game, both OSU and Iowa should make it. I think Iowa will win the rest of their division games from here.

OSU are improving game to game and will need to continue to do so to win the B1G.

Go Bucks !! [emoji3]

Allot of football left. Based on what I have seen so far, I think the Big 10 will take care of itself and there will be 1 team in the final 4. On paper, I see an easier path for UGA and Bama to finish unscathed and have a showdown in the SEC championship. IF so, I see both UGA and Bama in the final 4 if Bama beats UGA with say the Big 10 winner and an Oregon or OK. IF say Bama loses to UGA, I think it opens the door for Cincinnati before you see 2 Big 10 teams. That said, allot of games to be played and this seems to be the year of upsets. Despite how well UGA seems to be playing this year and appears to be "different", I've been burned before, especially by FL and Tenn, so I will hold my breath until those games are played.

Yeah, I don't see Ohio State going undefeated the rest of the way with that schedule. Same with Iowa and both Michigans. The Big10 is going to beat themselves up and everyone is going to have at least one loss I think. They'll still put a team in the CFP.

Just glad that there could be a different feel to the CFP this year with Clemson out, OSU and Bama not as good. Much more competitive.

Cincy's problem, as always for the G5, is that they'll end up playing only a couple good teams on their schedule. But I'd like to see them get in this year.

Last edited:
The Big 10 has five teams in the top ten, and they all look for real. It's weird not seeing Clemson or LSU ranked (neither deserve to be, but like Alabama they seem like perennial top five programs).

I'm a bit biased (I went to a MAC school but my kids went to MSU), but the Spartans offense looks very, very good this year. Kenneth Walker III for Heisman? I haven't seen a better player in the country yet. Of course the season's only half-over and MSU still has to play UM, OSU and Penn St.

It's good to have college football back :)

It kills me that my Huskers have played 3 of the top 10 teams close, and pretty well silenced two Heisman candidates: Kenny Walker, save for his 23 yard run in OT that basically won it for MSU; and Spencer Rattler, though he is way out of the Heisman race now after being benched in the UT game and his replacement bringing them back for a win. Frost is still on the hot seat at 3-4 this year, 15-24 overall but they finally seem to be turning the corner.

Cincy needs Notre Dame to win out. An 11-1 ND is hard to leave out of the playoffs, and there's no way they should get in ahead of an unbeaten team that beat them. The Irish have really struggled against some very mediocre teams though, and I can't see them winning out.

Yes, great to have CFB back!

It kills me that my Huskers have played 3 of the top 10 teams close, and pretty well silenced two Heisman candidates: Kenny Walker, save for his 23 yard run in OT that basically won it for MSU; and Spencer Rattler, though he is way out of the Heisman race now after being benched in the UT game and his replacement bringing them back for a win. Frost is still on the hot seat at 3-4 this year, 15-24 overall but they finally seem to be turning the corner.

Cincy needs Notre Dame to win out. An 11-1 ND is hard to leave out of the playoffs, and there's no way they should get in ahead of an unbeaten team that beat them. The Irish have really struggled against some very mediocre teams though, and I can't see them winning out.

Yes, great to have CFB back!

Nebraska's a good team that's had some tough luck this year... three close losses to top-10 schools.

Nebraska's a good team that's had some tough luck this year... three close losses to top-10 schools.
We've pretty much been making our own bad luck though. Place kicking woes were pretty much the difference in the OU game. A late punt that was supposed to go to the right side instead went left, and the Mich St returner was barely impeded to the end zone. The Michigan game was kind of tough luck that QB Martinez got stood up and stopped while one of their guys was able to strip the ball late in the 4th quarter, but Martinez is a good runner and there was still some movement so I can't really complain about the ref letting the play continue.

The difference this year is that mistakes are being corrected and the fumbles, interceptions and dumb penalties are way down, and special teams have improved too. The process is finally working, and the wins will come. But a lot of people are seeing the losses continue to mount and are calling for Frost's head.

Anyway, that's more coverage than Nebraska deserves at this point, but watch this space.

The Big 10 has five teams in the top ten, and they all look for real. It's weird not seeing Clemson or LSU ranked (neither deserve to be, but like Alabama they seem like perennial top five programs).

Something is very wrong at LSU with so many starters out, almost cannot field a team. And while they keep mentioning season ending injuries, I think it is mostly players that are opting out to avoid injury in anticipation of the draft. I am doubtful LSU will win any remaining games for the remainder of the year except possibly for one unranked opponent. I strongly suspect Coach O may not survive the year, although I like him.

Spencer Rattler rumored heading to transfer portal. Coach O, does he survive season?

Big upset win by LSU over ranked Gators. I am pleasantly surprised and also that they did it largely due to a great running game which has been totally absent all season. Hard to believe so many 2nd and 3rd string players could compete like this. Geaux Tigers!

Big upset win by LSU over ranked Gators. I am pleasantly surprised and also that they did it largely due to a great running game which has been totally absent all season. Hard to believe so many 2nd and 3rd string players could compete like this. Geaux Tigers!

I caught the end of the game. That LSU running back went for 287 yards and 3 TDs. What a great effort!

Iowa is getting manhandled by Purdue. Purdue even missed a short FG and lost another chance when a runner lunged for the pylon and let the ball slip out of his hands just before it, and they are still up 24-7. Iowa can't stop the Purdue passing game, and they can't move the ball. Relying on turnovers turns out not to be a championship formula.

Ga throttling Ky. Georgia just looks like the best team right now and they are in pole position in SEC East.

Cincy wins again. They look good but play nobody. How good are they?

Spartans stay undefeated in B1G. #2 Iowa shocked at home vs Purdue. As someone said looks like B1G will beat each other up as not sure there is a dominant team there.

Same in Big 12. Cowboys stay undefeated but they look to be on house money. Another loss for tx puts them out of race. Door remains open for Baylor (dominating #19 BYU) and OK (later) needs to keep winning those nail biters and get their QB position figured out. And their defense.

SEC West is led by Bama and Ole Miss (both play later) but door still ajar for A&M and Auburn (both winners on the road today).

Starting to get interesting!

Nobody close to Bama in the west, again. A&M winning last week will be a fluke as it usually is.

Texas is a sad sack team, can't close the deal.

Coach O is out at end of season, Michigan State's Tucker is being targeted as replacement.

Coach O is out at end of season, Michigan State's Tucker is being targeted as replacement.

Well quite a few folks being mentioned. Dave Aranda, Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin, Kellen Moore, and Mike Stoops among others.

Last edited:
Well quite a few folks being mentioned. Dave Aranda, Jimbo Fisher, James Franklin, Kellen Moore, and Mike Stoops among others.

Franklin yes, the others not likely in my opinion, although Aranda could get a call. Cincy Coach another name that has been mentioned, but Tucker looks like primary target.

Franklin yes, the others not likely in my opinion, although Aranda could get a call. Cincy Coach another name that has been mentioned, but Tucker looks like primary target.

Tucker one of a few logical choices. Dave Aranda is similarly logical. He was the head coach in waiting. But Scott Woodward has a history of high profile hires. He got Kim Mulkey from Baylor and of course Jimbo Fisher at A&M. I would not be surprised with a much splasher target (Meyer, Bob Stoops, or who knows?).

Will be interesting for sure.

Last edited:
Tucker one of a few logical choices. Dave Aranda is similarly logical. He was the head coach in waiting. But Scott Woodward has a history of high profile hires. He got Kim Mulkey from Baylor and of course Jimbo Fisher at A&M. I would not be surprised with a much splasher target (Meyer, Bob Stoops, or who knows?).

Will be interesting for sure.

Tucker was an assistant at LSU under Saban. I would not be surprised if preliminary discussions have already taken place. The successor may not be announced for a while so as to not disrupt their current team.

Back
Top Bottom