Color IQ (?) test

I scored a 4. Low color discrimination in the blue/green area.

You know your retired when you are taking "tests" like this.
I scored 109. 99 is normal for my age group. My forum peer group are super humans.

They say that color perception is the second thing to go when you get old.:)

Not only am I tone deaf, now I found out I am also color blind. At least, I can still smell the roses.

Update to post #6 - our painter got a perfect score (0) as I expected. He e-mailed me that he even had his wife look over his shoulder to confirm his score.

Any central Texans who need a painter who also has great color sense - PM me for contact info. He is really great to work with.

DH (retired graphic artist) just took it on his hotsy totsy big screen iMac and scored a 14 vs. my 4 on my rinky dinky netbook. He missed the middle hues. He's going to take it again, and again, and again until he beats my score.

Uh oh. Hope I didn't start any family fights there...:LOL:

That was fun! I got -

• Your score: 23
  • Age range: 50-59
  • Best score for your gender and age range: 0
  • Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520
My errors were in the middle between the yellow and blues.

Now we know who on this forum have way too much time on their hands.

Yep. I was just thinking: That's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Oh, yeah. I got a 31. YMMV

I recall from color tests years ago (the one where you look for numbers or letters in a series of colored dots) that I have trouble with one of the 3 sets of colors, though I always pass the test.

DW has always picked the colors for our various remodels. I always doubt her choices on the color chips (silently, of course). But when the final product is in place, I marvel at her abilities. I didn't even know what taupe was until she (we) put it on the walls of the LR.

DW has always picked the colors for our various remodels. I always doubt her choices on the color chips (silently, of course). But when the final product is in place, I marvel at her abilities. I didn't even know what taupe was until she (we) put it on the walls of the LR.

That's where I am with decorating too. I've learned to just say "Yes, dear" and not be surprised when the result looks good.

But "A man's gotta know his limitations" and when it comes to interior decor my abilities are charitably described as "limited".

That's where I am with decorating too. I've learned to just say "Yes, dear" and not be surprised when the result looks good.

But "A man's gotta know his limitations" and when it comes to interior decor my abilities are charitably described as "limited".

Small world. My DW shares your view. :LOL:

When I worked at NIKE in HR there were positions in design and manufacturing where a potential hire had to ace a color acuity test. That ability is not as common as one might think.

Back
Top Bottom