Colors of Autumn

^^Oh, my! How beautiful this Country is!
We have postponed our trip to the Upper NE coast in the Fall. Hope to get there in 2022

DrRoy, beautiful fall colors!

Wow! Those colors simply pop. 50 years since I've been in that general area. Probably won't get back, but the pictures make it tempting. YMMV

street, is that the new property you are fencing? I can just picture you in your Carhartts. Stay warm!

Asticou Garden, Maine
Mt. Jo, Lake Placid, NY
Bald Mountain, Eagle Harbor, NY
Whiteface Mountain, Wilmington, NY
Nice. I have been to Asticou gardens a few times. Great area.

street, is that the new property you are fencing? I can just picture you in your Carhartts. Stay warm!

Yes, some of it. Tearing out old and will replace some of it. Talking about staying warm, I have worn wool pants all my life and really are the way to go. Stays dry, no frozen pant legs and is warmer, quiet and flexible.

Have a great day!

When are the Fall colors peaking in the Colorado mountains. I am planning a trip there and I do NOT want to go when it is crowded. So, I would like to skip the Fall colors.

When are the Fall colors peaking in the Colorado mountains. I am planning a trip there and I do NOT want to go when it is crowded. So, I would like to skip the Fall colors.

The Aspens are very beautiful that time of year!! I hope the timing works out for you.

The Aspens are very beautiful that time of year!! I hope the timing works out for you.

Is there yearly variation in colors (good years and not-so-good years) as we find in the midwest. Some years are truly stunning and some years are just meh.

I know what you mean. I'm from Michigan and so much depends on weather and the "peak" doesn't last long. A good storm will just blow all those colorful leaves in the dirt.

I know what you mean. I'm from Michigan and so much depends on weather and the "peak" doesn't last long. A good storm will just blow all those colorful leaves in the dirt.

Heh, heh, back in the day, the storms (or just wind) blew all the neighbors' leaves into my freshly raked yard! Don't miss those days. Having said that, here in Paradise, leaves fall ALL YEAR round. Fortunately, as a condo dweller (almost said pueblo dweller) someone else polices up the leaves for us. Full disclosure: We pay (a lot!) for this service. YMMV

Is there yearly variation in colors (good years and not-so-good years) as we find in the midwest. Some years are truly stunning and some years are just meh.

Yes, there is better years than others. A lot depends on how hard the first is and many frost night there are after the first and so forth. Like Robbie said, wind can make thing happen faster and be a very short scenic fall.

Ideally a light frost and a long Indian summer makes for a longer and more brilliant and stunning landscape.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom