compose-copy-paste

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
:banghead:
No icon for "STUPID"... this is close enough.

Peter, Paul and Mary said it right... "When will they ever learn?"

Twice in one day... because composing a comment or a blog on a website page is easier and more "in the mood" with the subject... is just so natural.

Yeah... Honest... an extended comment on a different website... perhaps 5000+ words... a philosophical piece... deep thought... Google searches for footnotes... deep introspection... rewording for impact, spell checking... research... statistics. In short, as close as I can come to a scholarly work.

This was one I really felt good about. Like the kid in "A Christmas Story" ... turning his essay on the Red Ryder BB Gun in to his teacher... I would be lionized and accepted as a literary genius. My crowning glory.

I began at 12:30 PM and did my final review at 2:45... My Masterpiece.

Nothing left but to click on "Submit"... A work to rival the Gettysburg Address.

Your Session has Timed Out!

One word: Aaarrrrggh!

Please... am I the only one who does this?:(

My computer skills were acquired at work. Compose a draft with the word processor, save often, cut and paste. Review, then review again, then backup. Losing a half day's work was too painful and usually brought up during performance review / pay raise sessions. One learns the hard way.

Twice in one day?

Oh, I've done it before. I am a compulsive "saver" so if I'm doing anything substantive I start it in a Word document unless I know there is a "save as draft" option.

Sorry for your loss...

My sympathies imoldernu! Yes, I have been there. My only suggestion is to compose a longer post on Word or another word processing program where you can periodically save it.

Yes always use something to save your work. I was on a team that adopted an early, early version of word running off the network. It crashed all the sime, I got used to saving all the time.

Finally one day I convinced my manager to get a legal copy of SPF/PC. Just like the mainframe editor, very happy after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

My computer skills were acquired at work. Compose a draft with the word processor, save often, cut and paste. Review, then review again, then backup. Losing a half day's work was too painful and usually brought up during performance review / pay raise sessions. One learns the hard way.

Twice in one day?

+1000

I'd almost expect the OP from the young crowd, the people who didn't need to rely on flaky floppy discs or (horrors!) tape cartridges. Those failed so often, you learned good backup procedures. Today, devices are so reliable that you can get away with it - until you can't.

-ERD50

There are browser add-ons which supplement your composing in the humble text area of a Web form. Some did not get rated well, though.

I don't use these as a solution, as I am a regular use of text editor(s) for this purpose. I have lost posts, but they were not longish.

May your posts remain true. Lol.

Notepad is your friend Imolder. Not that I remember to use it very often. I have lost quite a few posts online but nothing like that.

Back
Top Bottom