Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-20-2021, 06:25 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My dad had the exact same issue when I was a kid, and his name wasn't very common, either. The other man had the same first/last/middle initial, and was even born the same year! Not in the same town, but the same state.

We wondered if the other guy sometimes got the benefit of my dad's determined pursuit of a high credit rating, while dad had to defend himself against being confused with someone who didn't pay his bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko View Post
There's another guy, my age, my town with the same name...and it's not even a common name! He's a bad egg all his life and I've often had to do some difficult explaining. .
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2021, 07:26 PM   #82
Administrator

When I worked in NYC, there was another lawyer in the city with the exact same name. We practiced in entirely different areas of law, but we would occasionally get each other's snail mail and email. We just forwarded it on to the other. I never did meet him in person although we did speak on the phone.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:28 AM   #83
Recycles dryer sheets

I use a VPN and discard cookies when my browser closes, so I see websites forgetting me all the time. When it annoys me enough, I add them to the list of sites allowed to set cookies long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGTVFanatic View Post
There’s no way I would be using Chrome.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk...h=3346a37e61a7
Well don't leave us hanging - what's the security rank of each popular browser?

I'm using Chome now, but have used a couple other browsers in the past.
OverThinkMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 06:35 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
When I worked in NYC, there was another lawyer in the city with the exact same name. We practiced in entirely different areas of law, but we would occasionally get each other's snail mail and email. We just forwarded it on to the other. I never did meet him in person although we did speak on the phone.
There's a guy in Canada who uses an email that is one character different from one of mine and I used to get emails for him all the time. I would dutifully forward them until one day he sent me a note that they weren't really important if the sender couldn't be bothered to get it right, and I didn't have to worry about them.

Since they were all related to his self-employed business, I thought that was a mighty cavalier attitude, but it was his call.

Back on topic, I use the Symantec VIP app on my phone for half a dozen different sites, and never had an issue with it.

Tags
laptop, site verification, smartphone