Could you pass latest citizenship test?

BTW...should we be posting that exam on this forum? Won't that invalidate all future exams?
I'm sure the questions rotate -- they may even have several different versions with different questions just to prevent people from memorizing the answers, like the professors who always change their exams each year to thwart the fraternities who keep "test archives" in a filing cabinet....

BTW...should we be posting that exam on this forum? Won't that invalidate all future exams?

When I was preparing for my test, there was a list of 100 questions, with answers. The word was that you would only be asked questions from the list. This was in 1997; the list obviously has changed, since there were some questions that I don't remember. Maine, for example, and the number of amendments.

When the day came, there was no written exam. The interviewer asked me to name the first President, and that was it.

Peter

I ain't taking no test no more. They let me in, and I've been here for a few decades now, paying all the taxes that were asked of me. Would any of you want to go to college again to earn your degrees all over, even if you could pass?

I am also currently serving my duty as a citizen with a mild personal sacrifice. Details to be provided later.

I am taking no citizenship test... :duh:

When I was preparing for my test, there was a list of 100 questions, with answers. The word was that you would only be asked questions from the list. This was in 1997; the list obviously has changed, since there were some questions that I don't remember. Maine, for example, and the number of amendments.

When the day came, there was no written exam. The interviewer asked me to name the first President, and that was it.

Peter

As Peter says, back in '98 we had 100 questions and their answers to memorize. It was verbal questions, no multiple choice, I got asked 3 easy questions (one of them was what is July 4th known as, another was to name the congressman for my district) but DW got asked 3 difficult questions including "name the 13 original colonies" - she said she was sweating through that one :LOL:

I just took the test in the link and scored 75% :(

87 this time.

The last test was for real in 1971. Passed, including the trick questions during oral exam, the wrong answers to which will disqualify one for citizenship even if the test q were answered correctly. And they waived the the application/exam fees 'cause I was a veteran discharged honorably. They did want a copy of my DD214.

100%. Not bad for an immigrant.

75%. Wonder if they would consider grading on the curve. Guess not.

Hum, sounds like a lot of naturalized citizens on this board. Does that mean immigrants are more interested in ER than the born in the USA crowd?

I have often thought the same. Even among Canadian members, there are several who are immigrants, though they would not post here in this thread. Perhaps immigrants tend to be LBYM, compared to the natives.

As Peter says, back in '98 we had 100 questions and their answers to memorize. It was verbal questions, no multiple choice, I got asked 3 easy questions (one of them was what is July 4th known as, another was to name the congressman for my district) but DW got asked 3 difficult questions including "name the 13 original colonies" - she said she was sweating through that one :LOL:

I just took the test in the link and scored 75% :(

I scored 95% (got 'em all except the Chief Justice), but I wouldn't have done nearly that well if it had not been a multiple choice test. However I noticed this phrase in the scoring table: "65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.", and I think the author reveals him/herself as a Briton. Isn't "revision" the English English for what we call "studying" on this side of the Pond?

85%. My misses were from the colonial and revolutionary -early nationhood periods. Since this is likely the high point of our history, I should go back and review.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom