Country Club dues question

If you belong to a country club, does it have an Individual member dues option?

• Yes, there is a lower dues rate individual option

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No, single members pay the same dues as couples/families

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • There is some other option that doesn't quite have a yes/no answer (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't belong to a country club but felt a need to vote anyway

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

RunningBum

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Not exactly a LBYM topic, I know. And I don't exactly live in a country club area, but instead it is a semi-private club which you can join and pay dues to get free or reduced cost ski/golf/tennis depending on your plan, plus a few benefits that the public does not have access to.

For the last few years, the club has had a single membership option which I've used. For the coming year, they've dropped it, and if I want to continue I have to pay for a full membership, at least $1000 more.

I'm curious how many country clubs offer an individual membership. I know there are other options like social only or full with golf and tennis, and ours has those kind of options too, but I'm wondering about single vs. family. I have a feeling they're going to tell me that few country clubs offer an individual option.

Ive belonged to two golf clubs that offered single membership. I went ahead with the family membership at the first one as it was only $50 a month more and the wife liked to use the gym and locker room. This was a private club.

I now am a member at a semi-private club. Members only on weekend mornings and we get standing tee times that we want. It still cost $5000 (refundable) and around $300 a month for a single. I'm not sure what the family membership cost, but the wife dosn't golf and they don't have a pool or gym, just golf. The rate for non members is $95 per round.

And of coarse this is a LBYM topic. I play 5 times a week, its much cheaper for me to join a club than pay as I go.

Added a poll.

And dm, I agree, for some it is cheaper, and also makes for easy budgeting. It certainly was cheaper for me. There's certainly a convenience in being able to go out on a questionable ski or golf day and bag it early without fretting about barely using the day's lift ticket or greens fees. The resort does offer a mid-week ski pass, so really I just have to think about how much golf and weekend skiing I'll do, and what the other benefits are worth.

No individual membership where I belong. In fact, I haven't heard of that in my area. My club does have a social membership which includes pool, tennis and club house privileges which is less expensive. But without golf, I might as well go back to work.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom