Craigslist > eBay?

Nords I'm glad you weren't my buyer a couple years ago I made a sale on craigslist for over $10,000 I met a buyer from state #3 in state#2 (my home is state #1) and I brought some "protection", it seemed a little silly as he was the one bringing the cash but I rationalized I had to carry it back home. I have the correct permits and the affected states have reciprocity with my state and the buyers never saw or smelled the gun oil.
There's gotta be a better way than having to carry firearms to protect a pile of paper.

I spent 20 years getting paid to operate weapons and believe me, the enemy had good reason to be scared to death of us...

This thread reminded me that I've not checked best of craigslist in a while, and as always, it is such a fantastic and hilarious time waster. My current favorite is the guy's excellent adventure with 6 tables. Stunningly funny, yet serious.

I don't do much buy/sell, but I agree with the consensus about the complications of dealing with ebay and how much easier it is to peruse the ads on craigslist by comparison. OTOH, I bought many of the hard-to-find books in my John D. MacDonald collection on ebay back a number of years ago, and I'm sure they would have been impossible to locate otherwise.

Attachments

• 200px-Saturday_night_fever_movie_poster.jpg
    200px-Saturday_night_fever_movie_poster.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 29
This thread reminded me that I've not checked best of craigslist in a while, and as always, it is such a fantastic and hilarious time waster. My current favorite is the guy's excellent adventure with 6 tables. Stunningly funny, yet serious.

That is a classic, I thought it he might be trying to sell his remaining table for 6 membership lol.

BTW, is this why the Attorney General wants to shut down Craigslist in your state or is that the other Carolina?

That would be us, although McMaster (a shill for the Bible-belters) was shut down by a federal judge on the suit, for now.

I like this description of the story from ZDNet Government: CL had made changes to its adult services section under pressure from AG Henry McMaster, but they didn’t satisfy the Man, who demanded a complete and total ban on all whorish postings. Craigslist sued for declaratory judgment and injunctive relief.

Apparently the "adult" section of CL offends those in our state government without enough other stuff to worry about. sigh.

Back
Top Bottom