Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Craigslist Response from woman to Wall Streeter:
Old 10-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Craigslist Response from woman to Wall Streeter:

Funny!!

To the gentleman who called me a depreciating asset

Date: 2007-10-11, 8:23AM EDT

Dear Sir,

I must confess that I was somewhat taken aback upon reading your email. Indeed, it has taken some time for me to sufficiently recuperate from my surprise. Lest your confidence quickly inflate for little reason (as we know is the predisposition for Wall St. types), allow me to hasten to reassure you that the source of my surprise was neither your candor nor the accuracy of your perception. Indeed, it is your "claimed" success in light of your poor grasp of economics which has me baffled. If the standards required to meet with financial success on Wall St. have sunk so low, perhaps I should indeed "make my own money", except for the fact that the effort/reward ratio is far too high for my liking - especially when so many of your ilk have displayed a far more cogent grasp of market realities than you have.

By now you are likely scratching your ever-vanishing hairline in confusion, so allow me to elaborate, dear man. To build some credibility I will tell you a bit more about yourself. Though you did not mention the details of your occupation, it is clear that you are an investment banker and not a trader, as any good trader would understand that human courtships are based upon a semi-efficient open market, and not an investment banking cartel. However, your inability to grasp the realities of the dating market is not surprising, given that you have successfully employed the tools of collusion and market manipulation rather that true acumen in your supposed wealth generation.

If your grasp of finance were not a minority partner with your ego, you would realize that the "outflows" associated with my depreciating "assets" are quite certain, and therefore subject to a low discount rate when determining their present value. In addition, though your concept of economics evidentially failed to move past the 1950s, advancement in plastic surgery is not subject to the same limitation. Thus, with some additional capital expenditure, the overall lifetime of "outflows" generated by these assets is greatly increased. Sad that Ashton Kutcher has demonstrated understanding of the female asset class which you, in all of your financial "wisdom", have not.

You, on the other hand, are, given the uncertainty of the Wall St. job market, more of an inflation-indexed junk bond with an underwater nested call option. Though you may argue that you are more of an equity investment, my monetary minimums required from you do not change, and if you are unable to pay them, I will liquidate you without the benefit of a chapter 11, just as you would me.

Because your outflows are so much more uncertain with respect to mine, I require additional compensation in the form of a underwater nested call option on your future assets. I say underwater because, even taking into account the value of your junk bond coupon payment to me, the value of my "outflow" is in excess of the market price of your equity (which is quite low due to its riskiness associated with your poor grasp of finance and my existing claim upon your junk bond coupon).

I must thank you though for raising the question, despite the reputation cost of subjecting your weak logic to such widespread scrutiny. This took either considerable courage or ignorance on your part- and we'll give you the benefit of doubt, just this once. My current boyfriend (a trader who lives in Central Park West, of course) and I thoroughly enjoyed discussing your response and we wish you the best of luck in your unhappy pursuit of that elusive market inefficiency.

Just a clueless ditz whose boyfriend wrote the retort to get some "crazy nookie".............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Wow! So poorly written it could have only been a trader.

Not only does it not make sense, it isn't even funny.
saluki9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki9 View Post
Wow! So poorly written it could have only been a trader.

Not only does it not make sense, it isn't even funny.
Yeah, most traders have a sense of humor. Funny how she tried to look smart, and looks even dumber than before.......

Old 10-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #4

What makes you think it was the same person? This is the internet. It could have been a dog.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Yeah, most traders have a sense of humor. Funny how she tried to look smart, and looks even dumber than before.......
Oh, I don't know, I love it when hot chicks talk financial geek like that...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
Oh, I don't know, I love it when hot chicks talk financial geek like that...
How do we know she was hot on the Internet??

Funny, I never found a hot chick to discuss "triangular currency arbitrage" with me............

Old 10-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
How do we know she was hot on the Internet??
Geeeze! WE know she was hot on the internet BECAUSE SHE SAID she was hot on the internet. She may be a plumber named Floyd from joisey, but on the internet she's hot. and she.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
... but on the internet she's hot. and she.
Isn't fantasy wonderful?

Ha
Old 10-22-2007, 04:54 PM   #9

i just read the first few sentences and it does not seem to me to be in the same sentence structure (voice or fingerprint) as what i recall from the original post. also the original was not an email, as stated in this post, but a post on a bulletin board.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
i just read the first few sentences and it does not seem to me to be in the same sentence structure (voice or fingerprint) as what i recall from the original post. also the original was not an email, as stated in this post, but a post on a bulletin board.
Yeah, doesn't sound like the original poster (Madam Floyd). To be fair, it claims to be written by her current boyfriend to get some "crazy nookie". He's a trader from Central Park West (read trash collector Ernie from Queens).
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Yeah, doesn't sound like the original poster (Madam Floyd). To be fair, it claims to be written by her current boyfriend to get some "crazy nookie". He's a trader from Central Park West (read trash collector Ernie from Queens).
oh, sorry, didn't get that far. it is written in first person. had i known traders to be such creative writers i might have considered the field. publishing sure didn't pay what they make.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

I think the Wall St. guys initial response was pretty funny. This comeback is just lame.

FYI checking out on Snopes, it seems like at least the initial post by the gold digger is real.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

Very poorly written. The economical arguments are sound, but they don't make for an interesting, and funny read. Her retort blows.
Pavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavo View Post
Very poorly written. The economical arguments are sound, but they don't make for an interesting, and funny read. Her retort blows.
I heard better retorts than that in my college corporate finance course. Of course, our Wharton educated professor tended to slap us around a plenty..........

Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #15
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Funny, I never found a hot chick to discuss "triangular currency arbitrage" with me............
I'm not a hot chick, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... Err, nm, that doesn't work as well as it does in the commercials!
NinjaPigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
I heard better retorts than that in my college corporate finance course. Of course, our Wharton educated professor tended to slap us around a plenty..........
Of course - the economics are there, but they don't even flow (let's just forget about trying to be funny at this point); it's convoluted.

Quote:
I'm not a hot chick, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... Err, nm, that doesn't work as well as it does in the commercials!
LOL
Pavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
Full time employment: Posting here.

That reply made no sense at all...

Btw, if she already has a boyfriend, then why did she make the original post on how to land a rich husband anyway??
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #18
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Girl View Post

Btw, if she already has a boyfriend, then why did she make the original post on how to land a rich husband anyway??
Maybe her current beau is a little short.........on funds.
UncleHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #19
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Girl View Post

I think she found the new alleged boyfriend after posting her original whine about not enough good men sugar daddy suckers
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #20
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleHoney View Post
Maybe her current beau is a little short.........on funds.
Or is "short" in other areas............