Curious about Monikers

Back before the DotCom Bust

There was a time in the glory days of the DotCom bubble when there was literally billions of dollars being spent on "banner ads" and the like on websites. As a musician I discovered that one could post their original music on certain websites and the owners of those sites would PAY you money based on the amount of "plays" your songs received from your many fans, LOL. I'm sorry to say I got there quite late in the game, but in year 2000 I made some significant money using my IT knowhow to garner a bit of all this cash being thrown around. It was really fun while it lasted (less than a year). While signing up for the first of these sites one of the questions was:
What is your Band or Artist Name? :confused: JonnyM_Jammin.gif

Had to come up with something on the fly, JonnyM was it and it stuck so I generally use it for everything now. I can still be heard in AU, most of the other sites sputtered and died, new Artists generally post to Myspace and the like now, but you actually could get Pay4Play once upon a time. Ah those where the days.

Now, has anyone ever figured out where my Avatar came from?

Last edited:
SXM is the designation for Princess Juliana Airport in Sint Maarten where I like to go when it is cold out. Hence joe-SXM.

BTW, I assume everyone knows my avatar, right?

Not a clue.

I wonder if my current avatar is recognized broadly? I know it probably is in certain age groups with Americans.

Mine is a contraction of desert rat - deserat - sometimes I'll add 99 on the end. I'm from AZ originally, hence the desert rat. I'm also a female pilot, hence the 99 - the 99's are a group founded by Amelia Earhart which only allows female pilots to be members.

Last edited:
I wonder if my current avatar is recognized broadly? I know it probably is in certain age groups with Americans.
I vaguely recall Johnny Carson's cameo line: "Gosh, Krusty, a clown like you who's been in show business for over 30 years must have millions of dollars saved up!"

Back
Top Bottom