Curious about Monikers

Khan said:
Reform Druid
Berlinish Polytechnic
I think he was playing Santa CLaus (that might be from another episode)

Yes on Reform Druid -- prayed to bushes
Yes on Berlinish Polytechic.
No on Santa Claus

Sandy said:
John Tuttle:
A made up physician created by the usual suspects) who was larger than life - a surgical wiz, humanitarian and fearless hero - even though no one met him, everyone started acting like he was real; Henry, Margaret, etc. Army ended up sending "back pay" which went to the orpanage. When he finally needed to appear for a medal, he wal "killed"

Can't recall religion, went to a german medical school, and died in a crash while trying to provide aid - close enough.

Died jumping out of a helicopter without his parachute. His life insurance money went to the orphans.

BarbaraAnne said:
Always loved the Beach Boys when I was growing up and wanted to be a surfer girl in California though I grew up on the east coast :(

I know the song is Barbara Ann (without the "e"), but my middle name is Anne.

Same here (however, I never wanted to be a "surfer girl" <or dude!>) First name is Ron, and combined with remainder is one of my favorites (Help Me Rhonda)...

While I certainly don't provide much "help" on this forum (other than comments/observations), the name was also a "play on words"...

- Ron

Wheel said:
My real name is Will, however when I moved to the south, people who had lived here all their lives elongated the vowel. I really never noticed until some old friends (from California) were visiting and wondered why I was now known as Wheel. :)

Thats funny wheel. Same deal here. My buddy's name is "ADE" and I've called him Ade for a while. Then I saw his name embroidered on his jacket... Ed

You can't make this stuff up.

I guess I won't post my proof pic because I don't want to screw up the HTML layout for any of the forum members, and some people are still running 32" LCDs. ;)

Back in college a buddy of mine started calling me Big Rich. That morphed to Bigrich, Big Grinch, and then Big Scrinch. I guess I could have called myself Big instead of Scrinch, but then somebody would start asking for proof. ::)

Dude, that is a looonnng way to come for a tractor! But it is a lovely little Yanmar diesel with a nice 4' mower deck.

Hey, I've got a Yanmar tractor too... F15D that I've had for a couple of years. They're great little units!

My name, when properly pronounced, sounds like Pelican (the O is silent, like the P in swimming). Since, whenever I tried to register with an online service, someone else had beat me to Pelican, I prepended my initials to get a unique moniker....pfpelican.

Paul F Poellinger

scrinch said:
Back in college a buddy of mine started calling me Big Rich. That morphed to Bigrich, Big Grinch, and then Big Scrinch. I guess I could have called myself Big instead of Scrinch, but then somebody would start asking for proof. ::)

Hey, I've got a Yanmar tractor too... F15D that I've had for a couple of years. They're great little units!

My GF says I have a great little unit... :LOL: :eek:

According to wikipedia:

"Individuals who have said that they have seen Bigfoot often give similar descriptions. They generally describe what is a 7 to 9 foot (2 to 2.5 meters) tall, ape- or human-like bipedal creature, broad-shouldered and of a strong build, covered in dark brown or dark reddish hair. The head seems to sit directly on the shoulders, with no visible neck ever reported. The head is pointed, similar to the sagittal crest of the male gorilla. In fact, a good description would be of a 'long-legged male gorilla'. [citation needed]

Reports sometimes describe large eyes (Green 1978:16), a pronounced brow,[6] and a large, pointed, low-set forehead[7] that is alternately reported as crested and rounded
."

C'est moi!

Got my username from the Dan Millman book (and now a movie), "Way of the Peaceful Warrior." The book was thoroughly enjoyable, and the movie was a good adaptation (though not nearly as deeply rich as the book, still worth the watch).

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Go for it...i've got you up on the 100" projector so I can make it out.

I knew as I wrote it that I left myself wide open dangling there up for a riposte.

I'm sorry for the shock. Snapping up an easy poke at the exposed soft white parts is not usually my style.

Meadbh said:
What a lovely story! Dream on! :)

dusk_to_dawn comes from a line in an Aerosmith song - Dream On.

The past is gone
it went by like dusk to dawn

So dusk to dawn is a reminder that life is short. ER when you can; you may not get the chance later.

Want2retire said:
Ah!! I was wondering about your handle (and whether it was really your name) just this morning.

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' Randy Shackleford, man, ain't nobody no where he is... that dang ol' Google won't even find 'em you can go on there and doubleya doublya nothun. Yeah, I tell ya what, man.

Very easy, I like Budweiser! Especially Bud Light. Hence the moniker. :D

My German surname begins with a "Z" and I was nicknamed "Zipper" many many years ago. :)

I'm unclemick to my niece and nephews.

heh heh heh - pretty dull and straightforward.

I'm ScooterGuy because I now ride a 2004 Suzuki Burgman AN650 "motor scooter," which, with a 2-cylinder, 638 cc displacement, means that it's a 'wolf-in-sheep's-clothing,' with a top speed of 110 mph. Having a CVT 'automatic transmission,' I dont have to worry about shifting, or being in the right gear ... just RIDE! Suits me, as a reprobate DINK on FIRE!

Lots of creative monikers here. Wow. It seems whenever I'm about to sign up for a forum or board, I really just want to get on with it, and don't spend much time thinking about what to call myself.

Sheryl is a nickname I picked up at work years ago. I think they were making fun of me. Sheryl was probably some dorky character on a tv show I never saw. But it stuck.

I go by "The Professor" because I are one!!!!!!!! And hopefully I will become "The Ex-Professor" or the "ER'd Prfessor" sometime in the VERY NEAR future.

Back
Top Bottom