Dance Lessons

Lodell

Dryer sheet wannabe
I want to take private dance lessons, and the best rate I've seen is $65 an hour. This seems a bit much to me; am I being unreasonable?

I pay $60/hour for piano lessons. It would be $50 if the teacher didn't drive to my house.

Piano lessons are on the bucket list too. With the cost of lessons for fun stuff, looks like I will not be able to afford to retire.

Thanks

I want to take private dance lessons, and the best rate I've seen is $65 an hour. This seems a bit much to me; am I being unreasonable?

Might be a Texas thang, but many bars around here offer free, or cheap, group lessons for two-step, swing, etc. Obviously, group lessons aren't private lessons, but it might be an inexpensive way to get started, then move to private lessons at the intermediate level.

I would agree that $65 is a decent price if the lessons are private...

Not only are you paying the instructor, but the overhead... I would say maybe half is salary... say that is $30 per hour... how many hours can they teach:confused: Maybe 30 or so per week... time say 40ish weeks

So, 30 X 30 X 40 = $36,000 per year... not a lot..

Now, if you are in a big group... then yes it sounds like a lot... but even then our kids gymnastics is $65 per month... X 10 to 20 kids... that is making some money....

You could take the lessons with a partner and split the cost.

DW and I took C&W dance lessons as part of the school district extended learning program. We met at a nearby school gym in the evening and learned a few steps of two step, cotton eye joe etc. and the last class met at a local C&W dance hall (there are many in our area) and practiced our dancin' while sippin on Shiners. (If that does not make sense, move to Texas and it will.)

Here's your first lesson and it's for free. Just keep watching the Blonde.
Ohhh I can't get enough of that. The stamina of those girls has me awestruck.I remember in some of th eclubs they danced up on platforms on the wall.

Another great moment in that video is toward the end when Dee Dee shifts her gaze right into the camera and widens her eyes.

Uh-huh, babykins!

And if you need more help...

‪Hank Ballard and The Midnighters - Poppin' The Whip‬‏ - YouTube

Ha

Ohhh I can't get enough of that. The stamina of those girls has me awestruck.I remember in some of th eclubs they danced up on platforms on the wall.

Another great moment in that video is toward the end when Dee Dee shifts her gaze right into the camera and widens her eyes.

Uh-huh, babykins!

Ha

The dancers in the video are the Gazzarri Dancers. The girl in the middle is Jackie Levy who passed away in 09. The blonde on the right is De De Mollner who is alive and well in Mexico. I spoke with her via email a few weeks ago.

The only one in the video dancing the mashed potatoes is De De. I have no idea what they others are dancing and I don't think they do either.

Submitted for your approval. Listen to the first 2:50 to get the beat and flow of the music, feel the rhythm, start to move with it, and then just jump in around the three minute mark!
That's a fabulous video! :D

Heh...I've done a lot of dancing, but I've never been airborne. It's too late to change now....:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom