Day of happiness

Thank you. I have been thinking of using the "ignore" function for a specific poster but I also believe in the freedom of speech. When it gets too hard I just keep silent and enjoy a second beer :)

+1:)

There's so much to be happy about.
At a fundamental level, it's wonderful to be breathing.
Being retired, I'm happy, every day because I don't have to participate in the rat race.
I'm happy when I can prepare my eggs without getting egg shells in them.
I could list things all day, and I have the time to do it.

Happiness is a condition to be fostered and promoted.
An amazing quality of happiness, I've found, is that if I can make someone else happy, it makes me feel happy too.

And you do. :flowers:

I've been holding my 5-day old granddaughter for the last hour. My DW got to be in the delivery room with DD, and I got to meet our first grandchild moments later, and all are healthy. We are blessed and very, very happy. :)

I've been holding my 5-day old granddaughter for the last hour. My DW got to be in the delivery room with DD, and I got to meet our first grandchild moments later, and all are healthy. We are blessed and very, very happy. :)
Congratulations! Spoiling grandchildren is so much fun, and is also a way to get back at the kids. :)

That's the type of news I love to read. Congratulations to everyone !

Another happy day for me... My girlfriend is coming to live with me in the next few weeks. Yes !

She is a nurse, she is very independent, smart, and strong minded. She already told me she will keep working. I guess she will manage her own budget. I already told her she has free rent here.
That'll cure your spending "problem"... :nonono:

Last edited:
Another happy day for me... My girlfriend is coming to live with me in the next few weeks. Yes !

Felicitations! I hope you will both be very happy together. This opens up many possibilities, including wedding bells and little obgyns..........:LOL:

I am happy for you obgyn, and hope it works out great for both of you. She might even be able to help a bit more with your spending objective:D.

A new study...

"Retiring early doesn’t mean you’ll be any happier. In fact, the age at which men retire has little to do with improving their happiness during retirement. Men share the same feelings in retirement regardless of the age at which they retire, new research has found. Male retirees saw a boost in happiness immediately after retiring, the research showed, but after a few years of retirement that happiness began to decline.The way to think about retirement is like a sugar rush," researcher Elizabeth Mokyr Horner told BusinessNewsDaily. "People retire and they have this burst of happiness and they are relaxed and they are getting enough sleep and visiting their families and then the reality of aging comes to the forefront of their experience. They sort of have more negative experiences with retirement. By the time we hit 70, both the early retirees and late retirees had a decline in happiness". So says http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/3531-retirement-happiness-age.html.
http://www.springer.com/about+springer/media/springer+select?SGWID=0-11001-6-1397541-0

It looks like after 70 there is the risk death from a broken heart http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/news/broken-heart

Life is what you make of it. Happiness is there for you to find. I don't think I'll ever be unhappy about being retired! It's just too gosh darn great!:dance:

A lot of things make me happy. MS and I have been together since we were 16 (that's, um, a long time!) Being able to share my life with my best friend for all this time has made me very happy.

My dog makes me happy - especially when we're doing things like walking in the woods where he can "revel in his dogness"! :cool: I walk about a mile or so. He runs about 10! It's hard to tire out a labby!

Back
Top Bottom