Join Early Retirement Today

Delivery Route
Old 05-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Delivery Route

Hi All:

I am considering purchasing a delivery route. Has anyone ever or currently owned a food delivery route? (Snapple, Martin's Bread, Fed-Ex, etc...)

Any input would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks again,

Space Mountain
Space Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I've never owned one, but I would guess it would be easy to get squeezed by high fuel costs. If so, make sure you buy cheaply enough to offset the risk.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'd be afraid to do it unless I could adequately hedge on fuel prices. Getting yourself locked into a long-term contract at specified rates is a quick ticket to the poorhouse if you don't have a hedge on gas prices in a rising price environment.
"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
Hi All:

I am considering purchasing a delivery route. Has anyone ever or currently owned a food delivery route? (Snapple, Martin's Bread, Fed-Ex, etc...)

Any input would be sincerely appreciated.
Space Mountain
My father use to have a Pepr...Far. route. He and my mother put in lots of hard work, day and night, to make it pay. Then after he built it up over many years to be much better than average and make a good living from it, the Company split it and sold half to a younger new purchaser. Effectively they told him hard work for what he thought was himself, was in reality just for the company’s' benefit. Beware that what ever franchise route you get, you will not have it ripped out from under you if you succeed beyond their expectations.
HpRyder is offline   Reply With Quote