Dennis Weaver died today...

Gpax7

Recycles dryer sheets
We shall miss him. I was always dismayed that he never allowed the Chester character to be portrayed on the Gunsmoke series reruns. Rumor at the water tank says he was mad at whom ever tried to take the series into syndication and the actors Amanda Blake, Milburn Stone, Dennis Weaver, and James Arness never were paid compensation for the residuals.
He once did a movie called "The "Forgotten Man:
where he was a long held POW in Viet Nam who was assumed dead. He survived to escape and found out his wife has remarried and is pregnant by her new husband.....
That was 6 years before I went to Viet Nam
and I knew something was very wrong there, too.

I loved him in the movie Duel, which was apparently Spielberg's director debut

Duel was great. We had a 1966 Plymouth Valiant that was a ringer for the Duel sedan. It WOULD beat a truck on the grade! Drove it until it was real funky, then sold it to some Canadians. It's probably still out there somewhere.

Is it me or does Nick at Nite only show Gunsmoke episodes with Festus... I've havent seen Chester in years. Whats up with that?

It's running great!

I gave it to my son.

You can't beat the old "slant six".

I think it has 814 000 miles on it now.

I always changed the oil every 3000 miles.

Oil bought for the oil changes in aggregate are worth more than the car is.

I have the honor of having owned a 1969 plymouth valiant that was towed from a welding shop as they mistakenly thought it was an abandoned junker, rather that in for some frame work.

Sounds like you got your money's worth, Zipp--$200 and a case of beer, wasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom