Dick Clark passed away

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Host and TV producer Dick Clark has died. He was 82.
Spokesman Paul Shefrin said Clark had a heart attack Wednesday morning at Saint John's hospital in Santa Monica, a day after he was admitted for an outpatient procedure.
Dick Clark dead at 82 - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News

He brought entertainment to multiple generations and lots of people.

May he rest in peace

That is sad, but he had a full life for 82 years. Evidently he aptly described himself as 'the world's oldest teenager.'

RIP...

I was astounded that he was only 82.....he always seemed to look the same and had been around 'forever'.....guess I had him figured for close to 100 in the recesses of what passes for my mind.

I grew up listening to him. He was very brave to continue working after his stroke. Lots of people put him down for that. IMHO, he showed the world there is life after a stroke. I've had some people very close to me suffer through what he did. RIP Mr. Clark. You were a class act and will be missed.

Incredible.

This sadly reinforces the inevitability of death for all of us... even Dick Clark, who seemed ageless and forever young, for so long.

Incredible.

This sadly reinforces the inevitability of death for all of us... even Dick Clark, who seemed ageless and forever young, for so long.

Yup, time to take that SS.:flowers:

Yup, time to take that SS.:flowers:

I don't drink, but if I did the news of Dick Clark's death would be reason enough to get plastered.

Pass the immortality juice, please! :LOL: When are they going to invent that, anyway? Someone once said that anything man could imagine, would be invented some day. I hope they hurry up....

As for SS, I promise I'll claim it in 7 years or less. (I am 63) ;)

Oh BbbamI, thank you so much for that youtube clip!!! Maybe some day, a long time from now, we will all meet in Rock 'n' Roll heaven and dance forever to some great songs... :dance:

Oh Purron, that was a good one, too. You and BbbamI are just wonderful. :) In fact, this whole group is. Thanks.

Hmmmm, 7 more years syndrome. I don't suffer from that, I think.

Right now I don't really need it. But just imagine if we had another big recession, worse than the last one, that sucked my investments all down to zero for 50 years. How great I'd feel if I claimed SS when that happened, and imagine if my SS was even a few dollars more than what I would get now! Ah, that extra $20-$30/month when I really needed it would be bliss. :)

Edited to add: OK, so I have an active imagination..... ;)

Last edited:
Right now I don't really need it. But just imagine if we had another big recession, worse than the last one, that sucked my investments all down to zero for 50 years. How great I'd feel if I claimed SS when that happened, and imagine if my SS was even a few dollars more than what I would get now! Ah, that extra $20-$30/month when I really needed it would be bliss. :)

I'm doing the same thing, I turn 63 next week and still sitting on the side lines. Only thing that gives me pause is no male in my family ever lived past 68, GULP!:blush: When Mr. Market takes it's next dump I'll be pushing some buttons on the old computer.

Sad to hear this, RIP DC.

I also grew up with Dick Clark and he really did seem ageless. I had no real idea of his age. Just more proof we are all mortal and have a finite time in this life. :(

I'm doing the same thing, I turn 63 next week and still sitting on the side lines. Only thing that gives me pause is no male in my family ever lived past 68, GULP!:blush: When Mr. Market takes it's next dump I'll be pushing some buttons on the old computer.

Let's hope that you're the exception in your family, and live for a very long time, or as long as you may wish.

I have some longevity in my family. If I could just manage to lose the weight I need to lose, maybe I'd have it made. Then again, maybe I'll get hit by a runaway 18-wheeler tomorrow. Thing like that just seem to happen out of the blue sometimes.

To be honest, I really don't know when I will claim SS. I am just playing it by ear, for now. But if the market crashes, I'll have my finger on those computer buttons too.

I was an odd teenager I guess, I never watched Bandstand, but I loved watching his 10k - 100k Pyramid every day growing up!

I remember in the 70's watching American Bandstand and there was a skinny blond dancer who always caught my attention. She was just one of the weekly regulars, but a cute thing. Debbie was her name. Funny how you remember those kind of things. ;)

R.I.P. Dick. You will be missed.

American Bandstand 30 Year Special - 1982 (2/11) - YouTube

I was an odd teenager I guess, I never watched Bandstand, but I loved watching his 10k - 100k Pyramid every day growing up!

Same here. The race to the top of the pyramid was IMHO the most exciting 60 seconds in television.

scrabbler1 said:
Same here. The race to the top of the pyramid was IMHO the most exciting 60 seconds in television.

Ya, when the final seconds were ticking down, only a few questions left, and the hands were shoved in the straps to prevent gesturing and blowing it. That was some exciting stuff for me watching when I was younger.

Back
Top Bottom