disgusting suntrust advertisement

I note that the father and daughter are dancing in a kitchen with a Subzero refrigerator and a Wolf or, perhaps, Viking oven. Yeah, they're all about getting back to the simple, unadorned life. (although, since my kitchen looks almost exactly like it, I'm a fine one to talk)

I went with Kenmore, and I got the same look. I just have to keep my guests 30' away from the kitchen and serve plenty of cheap whiskey.

Not sure what about the ad offends you, but for me the message is fine. It's the hypocrisy of a bank delivering that message that I'm tripping over.

Not sure what about the ad offends you, but for me the message is fine. It's the hypocrisy of a bank delivering that message that I'm tripping over.

I agree, the message is a good one, too bad they were part of the old behavior.

It's very much like when the guy who used to sell heroin to the school kiddies gets busted, and in return for a shorter sentence goes around to Jr. High auditoriums saying

Attachments

• HM36~Drugs-Are-Bad-Posters.jpg
    HM36~Drugs-Are-Bad-Posters.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3

oh, so it was the hypocrisy that makes the message so offensive. hey, that's brilliant! why didn't i think of that?

... I went with Kenmore, and I got the same look. I just have to keep my guests 30' away from the kitchen...

I let my guests in my kitchen. They seem more interested in the food I serve...

Oh, my, my refrigerator (that needs to be de-frosted manually) and stove (also last century) qualify as reflecting a "simple unadorned life." Maybe, but so many people, even in this country, have so much less (or will have less)? All things considered, I feel wealthy; retired three months and my bloodshot eyes have cleared up, the whites look white, I'm sleeping straight thru the night, and I'm so relaxed.

"live solid / bank solid" from a failed bank is pretty hilarious.

I let my guests in my kitchen. They seem more interested in the food I serve...

and not in my lack of top-notch appliances (which I wouldn't mind having as I would surely use and appreciate them).

Don't you hate it when you fire off a quick post, only to realize later it conveys an entirely different meaning than what you intended?

disgusting nissan advertisement

"you need more than a car. you need a car company."

Oh geez lazy.. you would have LOVED an advert for the Italian pro soccer league (or for a sports TV channel) here a year or two ago.. It said something like "we'll always be with you" or "we'll never abandon you" and showed soccer stars being carried about piggyback by regular ordinary people on their way to work and whatnot.

Couldn't have been a better metaphor for the pro-sports parasite paradigm.

Hey! I found it! too funny!
YouTube - SKY Calcio CM - E non ci lasceremo mai ...

The (classic song) lyrics go:

And we will never leave each other
We have too many things together
If we get angry at each other, then..
We'll find each other, again..
One body and one soul.

Sky: The great soccer is always with you

I remember this particularly airing after a huge corruption scandal.
The soccer players are paid hugely! And the stadiums all publicly financed and so forth (gack). They routinely go through bankruptcies, bailouts and re-orgs, though at a more frequent pace than US auto companies.

--edit: I don't think they are even publicly 'financed'.. they just give them a stadium outright.

Anyway, the ad was remarkable mostly for how openly it displayed the sado-maso relationship. Like an abusive husband to a battered wife: "I've cheated, run off with all your cash and made you mad.. but we're made for each other, baby! You can't live without me!"

Oh geez lazy.. you would have LOVED an advert for the Italian pro soccer league (or for a sports TV channel) here a year or two ago.. It said something like "we'll always be with you" or "we'll never abandon you" and showed soccer stars being carried about piggyback by regular ordinary people on their way to work and whatnot.
Yeah. And the other day, the New York Yankees announced that they wanted another $350 million or so from NYC to finish their brand new stadium.

If they need the money that badly, how have they been able to commit $250 million on contracts for two free agent pitchers in the last few days (CC Sabathia and AJ Burnett)? If you can throw $250 million at two players, you don't need any more corporate welfare from taxpayers.

More stuff to make yiz ill:

Taxpayers paying for sponsorships on sports teams, stadiums and college bowl games

Under the financial bailout, taxpayers are becoming silent investors in numerous banks and other financial institutions. The funny thing is, I don’t really think we will ever see any return on our investment. Many of the bailout recipients have paid big bucks for naming rights on everything from sports stadiums to soccer teams to college bowl games.

Here’s a quick listing of some of the more notable examples:

Citi Field– Fresh out of double dipping for more federal cash, Citigroup is poised to have the new New York Mets ball park named for them.

AIG – The front of the jersey of Manchester United is emblazoned with a large AIG, the team’s sponsor. However, considering the $150 billion U.S. taxpayers have poured into the company, perhaps “U.S. Taxpayer” would be a more appropriate moniker.

NFL – Several NFL teams are banking on the stadiums, the Carolina Panthers play at Bank of America stadium, and the Baltimore Ravens play at M&T Bank stadium.

College Bowl season kicks off with the EagleBank Bowl, played in the nation’s capital and named for one of the applicants for the financial bailout package. Formerly known as the Citrus Bowl, the Capital One Bowl will be played New Year’s Day in Orlando, FL. Later that same day, the Nittany Lions will be playing in the granddaddy of bowl games, the Rose Bowl Presented by Citi.

Taxpayers paying for sponsorships on sports teams, stadiums and college bowl games | Kevin Colby: News and Political blog
Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Economic Potpourri December 22, 2008

ladel, at least your guys are making fun of themselves. our idiots take themselves seriously.

Back
Top Bottom