Do Celebrities Give Autographs By Mail Anymore?

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
When growing up, I remember if you wanted an autograph of a celebrity like a famous movie star, you'd try your luck writing a handwritten letter. If you were lucky, you'd hear back sometime and the celebrity would send you an actual (as far as you know, no signed by an assistant) autograph.

But in this day and age of social media and autographs on sale at places like ebay, is the old fashioned way even done anymore?

I am not even sure celebrities even give autographs anymore! So many of them have their security entourage surrounding them, you could't get close enough to ask.

I know of at least one pro football player who has posted on Twitter a P.O. Box for such requests. People send him stuff with a return label, he signs it and sends it back. The recipient posts a photo back on Twitter.
It’s the only case I know of.

Kind of a separate question but on topic enough. Now I wonder if anyone here has every got an autograph of a famous movie star. Any time frame I guess but I'm thinking more like Jimmy Stewart, Gary Grant, Gary Cooper.

The most recognized celebrity autograph I have I didn't even ask for. From Jay Leno back when he was a guest host for Johnny Carson. Jay would do the Headlines thing too (I remember Johnny doing that) as part to the Tonight Show. So, I sent in a headline I found they might like. End of letter. Then one day, to my surprise, got an autographed picture back from Jay.

Back
Top Bottom