Do gals notice a guy's clothes and jewelry?

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This is the flip side of the ongoing thread about women's clothes and makeup. What about men - do you ladies notice whether we are well dressed? If so, do you care if it's a suit versus chinos or are you just happy to see that our pants reach all the way to our shoe tops? How about rings, bracelets and other bling? And, to settle an argument with my DiL, what do you think of plaid lumber jack shirts ;)

Please tell me that you were on the against side of plaid lumber jack shirts.

I like the rugged look, a bit longer hair, slightly disheveled. No 5 o'clock shadow, though. The plaid lumberjack shirt is okay, but only if you are actually outside doing something. ;)

I do notice. I think a guy looks great in a nice suit, but I also like blue jeans and a jacket. However, I don't care for a guy who looks like he works too hard at it - "pretty boy" types. We knew this one guy who spent more time in the bathroom getting ready than me. Good grief, that's a long time, LOL! :eek:

I don't care for jewelry on a guy, except for a classy ring. Please, no necklaces! I still remember from my dating years the guys coming up to ask me to dance, who had their shirts unbuttonned - showing lots of chest hair and 2 or 3 gold chains - "Hey, baby, wanna dance?" Eeeeks!

Definitely notice. What's interesting is that guys notice other guys jewelry. My husband where's a torc and he always gets lots of compliments and questions but it is an unusual piece.

Definitely notice. What's interesting is that guys notice other guys jewelry. My husband where's a torc and he always gets lots of compliments and questions but it is an unusual piece.

Sent me scurrying to Wikipedia--I think Caoineag means that her DH wears a torc, which is as follows for the rest of the unitiated:

A torc, also spelled torq or torque, is a rigid piece of personal adornment made from twisted metal. It can be worn as an arm ring, a circular neck ring, or a necklace that is open-ended at the front. Smaller torcs worn around the wrist are called bracelets instead. Torcs are a type of Scythian, Thracian and Celtic jewellery, produced in the European Iron Age, from around the 8th century BC to the 3rd century AD.

This is the flip side of the ongoing thread about women's clothes and makeup. What about men - do you ladies notice whether we are well dressed? If so, do you care if it's a suit versus chinos or are you just happy to see that our pants reach all the way to our shoe tops? How about rings, bracelets and other bling? And, to settle an argument with my DiL, what do you think of plaid lumber jack shirts ;)
no floodwater pants, please. and if still around, please lose the pocket protectors! definitely lose the cell phone clip on holder on the belt.
i just LOVE the way a man looks in a suit. tie is not necessary if too tight a fit for shirt for large necked guys. relax!!!!
bling? a ring or watch is usual. pendant type necklaces are cool if for special occasion.
plaid flannel shirts? only if chopping wood or some other manly-man activity is going on. and only with tight jeans, please. :D
shaving is your choice. i like the rugged look.

Oh, and the other bad one is the really tight polo shirt that is so small you can see the outline of their armpit. But it is okay if the sleeve is just snug across a big ole gun upper arm while chopping that wood.

plaid flannel shirts? only if chopping wood or some other manly-man activity is going on. and only with tight jeans, please. :D
shaving is your choice. i like the rugged look.

Glad to hear it - that's what I wear when running a chain saw. If the weather's warm it's a t-shirt and tight jeans.

Suits? Well, I have some, but have only worn them a half-dozen times since I retired.

And those who earned the CFCE (certified computer forensic examiner) were awarded ceremonial pocket protectors.:D

Do gals notice a guy's clothes and jewelry?

Sure I do. I love to see men in jeans, suits and leather. As long as the clothing fits well, I think they look great!

As far as the jewelry goes; a ring, watch and one earring is fine. I don't like a necklace on a man. Now, the man can look hot, but if has no sense of humor....he might as well move on as far as I'm concerned.

Plaid lumberjack shirt....sure, I can handle that. ;)

Oh, and for the love of bacon, don't wear socks with sandals or roll a pack of cigs in your tee shirt sleeve. Yeah, I still see that. :p

This is the flip side of the ongoing thread about women's clothes and makeup. What about men - do you ladies notice whether we are well dressed?

Sort of.

If so, do you care if it's a suit versus chinos or are you just happy to see that our pants reach all the way to our shoe tops?

Suit, chinos, whatever; but clean and non ragged (unless you're working). No floods and no underwear showing.

How about rings, bracelets and other bling?

Depends on the context, but no on ostentatious.

And, to settle an argument with my DiL, what do you think of plaid lumber jack shirts ;)

Again, depends on context.
-----------------------
Beard or mustache or not is fine, but I hate stubble (it chafes).

What I notice is someone whose clothes don't fit quite right because he's been working out.

I think I'll stop here.:angel:

Please don't wear this:

439cdy3r.jpg

There is nothing sexier than jeans, t-shirt or flannel shirt.

Oh yeah baby! Martha, I'm glad you only posted the frontal view...

Attachments

• borat.jpg
    borat.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 214
hmm, jeans, suits ... I haven't had on long pants since retirement (June) ... Don't guess I'm being noticed.

Flannel shirts are fine with jeans in the winter . As long as the guy looks clean and well kept I'm okay . Guys never ,ever wear white shoes unless they are sneakers and if you have a pastel jacket give it to Goodwill pronto ! My SO had a shirt sooo bad I sold it on ebay as the ugliest shirt in the world . It did not catch on like some of the other weird things on ebay but it got some funny comments .

I volunteer at the police department...all those guys in uniform... When the bicycle cops come in I almost have to slap myself. :p

Quick, somebody throw some cold water on me! :eek:

I volunteer at the police department...all those guys in uniform... When the bicycle cops come in I almost have to slap myself. :p

Quick, somebody throw some cold water on me! :eek:

Ah yes, bicycle cops.

Mmmmm, bicycle cops....let's have a moment of silent contemplation, ladies.
Whew!

Now what were you guys talking about....the market? Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom