Do we still go to concerts? What concerts have to attended in the last few years?

But if you love Chicago, you should check out Leonid and Friends. They have been touring in the US. They perform Chicago's hits flawlessly, and also do some spot-on hits of folks like Earth Wind and Fire, Steely Dan and others.

It's a bit like seeing Chicago in the early days.

I love the their youtube videos. The American college and sport team T shirts are a cute touch. My favorite this one where the singer has flawless English, is dressed in sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt, while recording in a Russian studio -

Leonid started these videos as a retirement project!

Last edited:
I just bought tickets for Paul McCartney’s Got Back tour performance at Met Life stadium in June. Yes, probably a BTD spend also, but I’m hoping it is well worth it to see the iconic Beatle and one of the greatest musicians of all time.

The last concerts I attended before the Pandemic was Trans Siberian Orchestra at Prudential Center in December’19 and The Rolling Stones in the Summer of ‘19, before the death of Charlie Watts.
Perhaps that’s why we buy these tickets for these old groups and performers as we never know if it will be our last chance to see them in concert.

During the Pandemic in the summer of ‘20 we saw outdoor concerts at venues at the Jersey shore including Almost Queen (drive in concert) and a Beatles tribute band. These shows felt great during a time when any indoor concerts were off the table for who knew how long.

You guys are now costing me money. :D I searched on Sting out of curiosity and wouldn't you know it, he's coming in May to a location near me. So, I bought tickets. I'll report back how the concert goes. Woot Woot!!

Yesterday I bought tix for Paul McCartney. First tried for a place with only 7000 seats--cheapest tickets were $2000++ so I bought the ones near our home that holds 60,000 people.

Got floor tickets but it was the most I have ever paid for a concert plus all those excess fees, etc (hate Ticketmaster but they have a monopoly...).

I've seen him 6-7 times. First time was the Wings over America tour in 1976. I still have the ticket stub and paid $8.50 for it.

You know Elton John is on his "Farewell" tour. It consists of 311 shows over a tour lasting 5 years.

He is making his exit from touring to spend more time with family.

;)

Saw Rod Stewart's last show pre-covid March 2020 the night before Las Vegas shut down.
And Bob Seger in February, 2019.
Looking forward to some music type shows in Las Vegas later this year.

They have a very deep songbook. I have seen them twice many years ago.

Having said that, the band historically had three voices: Robert Lamm (who founded the band), Terry Kath (died decades ago) and Peter Cetera, who has not been with the band for 30 years or so.

In fact, other than Lamm, James Pankow, Lee Loughnane and Walter Parazaider the rest of the band is new. Still very entertaining I'm sure.

But if you love Chicago, you should check out Leonid and Friends.
It's a bit like seeing Chicago in the early days.

The last 3-4 times I saw Chicago, Walt Parazaider had already left the band, for health reasons.

Their longtime drummer, Tris Imboden, left a couple of years ago, pre-COVID, and has started his own yacht rock band.

Now it’s just Robert Lamm, Lee Loughnane, and Jimmy Pankow left from the original band. But those 3 are still sounding great!

Thanks for the tip about Leonid and Friends. They played locally, and Tris sat in with them. I wish I’d seen that and hope to catch them one day!

The last concert I went to before the pandemic hit, I think February 2020 was to a regional classical symphony program. I'm not a regular, but I'm getting in the mood to attend another one. You leave those feeling refreshed.

What a great thread! Concerts have always been a big part of our life since our dating days. Since retiring and pre Covid we’ve seen Chicago, Pure Prairie League, ZZ Top and Cheap Trick together, South Side Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, Bob Seager, Moody Blues, and the Eagles with Jimmy Buffet opening! We are going to our first concert in a long time in two weeks….Billy Joel. Rock on!

Just prior to the lockdown, March 2020, saw Celine Dion. We're not big fans of her music, but had heard she puts on a very entertaining show. For us, it was OK. This past December we saw Genesis. I'm a huge fan, and we really loved the show, even if Phil Collins' voice is weakening.
I'm sure there are current musical performers I like, but heck if I would know their names.

Too many concerts over the years for me to list and my hearing is suffering for it with bouts of tinnitus. But DW and I are big Dave Matthews Band fans and we just returned this past Tuesday from Mexico where Dave and Tim Reynolds played a 3-night set on the beach. Pretty awesome trip for us.

Too many concerts over the years for me to list and my hearing is suffering for it with bouts of tinnitus. But DW and I are big Dave Matthews Band fans and we just returned this past Tuesday from Mexico where Dave and Tim Reynolds played a 3-night set on the beach. Pretty awesome trip for us.

Back in the 70's I went to a Led Zeppelin concert. Had "great" seats very close to the stage, maybe the 5th row. The speakers were beyond-loud, and the bass booming. At the time, in my stupid young-adulthood, I thought "Wow, this is great!" At end of concert, I had close to full deafness; everything was muffled. That lasted 2 days or thereabouts. I doubt that was the sole cause of my needing hearing aids decades later, but I'm sure I got some damage from that one concert.

Upcomming

I currently have tickets for KALEO, Lucero, Turnpike Troubadors, Whiskey Myers & Band of Heathens. Damn.......looks expensive in print!

in last few years have seen Eagles, Diana Ross, Chicago and Sting. DGF is going to see Keith Urban with her daughter. Both of us will see Elton John on his final tour this fall.

I haven't been a big concert goer for many years, but since 2018 saw Trans-Siberian Orchestra (disappointing), Pink (pleasantly surprised), and the Rolling Stones (last November) - the latter two outdoors at the massive concert stage at Circuit of the Americas. I enjoyed the Stones enough to consider going to more of the "old guys" concerts when they are around here. But not enough to spring for the Eagles tickets in Austin this year - they would be crazy expensive anyway but everyone also wants to experience the new arena replacing the Drum (otherwise known as the Erwin Center).

Back in the 70's I went to a Led Zeppelin concert. Had "great" seats very close to the stage, maybe the 5th row. The speakers were beyond-loud, and the bass booming. At the time, in my stupid young-adulthood, I thought "Wow, this is great!" At end of concert, I had close to full deafness; everything was muffled. That lasted 2 days or thereabouts. I doubt that was the sole cause of my needing hearing aids decades later, but I'm sure I got some damage from that one concert.

I had similar experience. A friend and I went to a rock concert in my college years, and one of the security staff in front of the stage turned out to be a guy in one of my classes. He got us moved right up front. Seemed great at the time, but then I developed tinnitus and lost part of my hearing for three days afterwards.

Wife and I have tickets to see Sparks in Nashville next month. Had tickets to several shows in 2020-21 that were canceled by Covid (Ocean Blue, HooDoo Gurus, The Struts). Don't go to many shows any more, but was a big concert-goer in the 70's and 80's. Grew up close to Alpine Valley in Wisconsin.

Wife and I have tickets to see Sparks in Nashville next month. Had tickets to several shows in 2020-21 that were canceled by Covid (Ocean Blue, HooDoo Gurus, The Struts). Don't go to many shows any more, but was a big concert-goer in the 70's and 80's. Grew up close to Alpine Valley in Wisconsin.

Just saw a great documentary on Sparks recently on Netflix. It was fascinating.

I've seen the Eagles 5 times in the last 10 years. They are that good, still.

We saw Garth Brooks this summer, and it was phenomenal. We'll be seeing George Strait, Chris Stapleton and Little Big Town this July. It's an outdoor venue, so I'm praying for <100 weather.

The last ones i have seen were Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Samantha Fish, and Lara Hope and the Arctones. Going to see Joe Bonamassa in March.

I hit a deer on I-43 near Alpine Valley in 1997 or so.

... but we ended up standing the whole time even though we paid a lot of money for good seats up close because nobody would sit down. Then there was the annoying almost constantly screaming idiots in front us. Even though we had good earplugs in the screeching lady in front of us hurt our ears. ....

We loved going to the Hollywood Bowl and the Greek Theater. We've seem some great concerts there, but those venues attract the worst kind of concert-goers. Most shows were ruined by people that were rude and thoughtless. Standing through the whole show and trying to talk over the sound of the concert. Just screaming constantly. Singing along with every song - loudly.

Now we just go to smaller venues of 100-500 people. Sound is better, crowds are better and the cocktails and beer are easier to get.:D

We loved going to the Hollywood Bowl and the Greek Theater. We've seem some great concerts there, but those venues attract the worst kind of concert-goers. Most shows were ruined by people that were rude and thoughtless. Standing through the whole show and trying to talk over the sound of the concert. Just screaming constantly. Singing along with every song - loudly.

Now we just go to smaller venues of 100-500 people. Sound is better, crowds are better and the cocktails and beer are easier to get.:D

I agree. We are doing the same, as far as small venues.

I saw Skynrd a couple of months ago. Then Buckcherry. Next weekend will go see a Bonjovi cover and a 80s glam rock band. Will be at a small bar so got the hotel room to enjoy the night.

Back
Top Bottom