Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-08-2022, 02:51 PM   #121
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry1 View Post
Went to see Sting last night. It was a great concert and a nice mini trip. The venue was a couple hours away, so we stayed the night. Ate dinner before the concert at a brewery. Food, drink and music were all great. Slept pretty good and drove home this morning. I’d do it again in a minute.
We looked into seeing Sting this year, but the tickets available at the venues we looked at were mobile-tickets only so that wasn't happening. When we went to Elton John, the person scanning tickets in our entrance row didn't know what to do with our paper tickets. (she was young and everybody else was just showing her their phones) The older lady next to her had to show her how to scan the bar code on the actual tickets. The young one seemed surprised when it worked.

Our tickets for Billy Joel In Detroit in July are paper tickets as well. That's the last show we have planned so far this year...

-AM23
ArmchairMillionaire23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2022, 10:26 PM   #122
Recycles dryer sheets

I enjoy a lot of concerts at mostly small venues in the Seattle area. We saw the Temptations last night (still great!), and the Seattle Rock Orchestra performing Beatles music today. On tap for this summer are some outdoor concerts: John Fogerty, Steve Miller Band, Chicago. Maybe Chris Isaac if I can get a good price on resale tickets (LOVE him! but missed out on the ticket sale day). I'm over concerts at mega venues - don't enjoy the crowds or the jacked up prices for decent seats.
ItsAllGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:41 PM   #123
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

For those of you who may not have seen the ads, Livenation has $25 flat fee tickets for many of the big concert venues right now, on sale through May 10th.
Even clouds seem bright and breezy, 'Cause the livin' is free and easy, See the rat race in a new way, Like you're wakin' up to a new day (Dr. Tarr and Professor Fether lyrics, Alan Parsons Project, based on an EA Poe story)
daylatedollarshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 04:46 AM   #124
Give me a forum ...

Went to Alan Parsons Project last week.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:08 AM   #125
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by like2 View Post
We just saw Billy Strings a couple of weeks ago in Santa Barbara. One of the best shows I have ever been to!!

To see him at the Ryman is going to be out of sight, he has so much respect for the music and his talent seems to be increasing as we speak!
Billy Strings at Ryman Saturday night was the best concert experience I can recall. So wonderful. Bob Weir sat in the whole 2nd set. All GD songs the 2nd set and many of my personal faves.

We had such a good time with the youngest son and his wife in Nashville that I booked a trip out to Denver Friday (the 13th!) to see Billy Strings with my oldest son at Red Rocks. Blow that dough!
Old 05-11-2022, 02:15 PM   #126
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRDave View Post
Billy Strings at Ryman Saturday night was the best concert experience I can recall. So wonderful. Bob Weir sat in the whole 2nd set. All GD songs the 2nd set and many of my personal faves.

We had such a good time with the youngest son and his wife in Nashville that I booked a trip out to Denver Friday (the 13th!) to see Billy Strings with my oldest son at Red Rocks. Blow that dough!

Yeah, I saw some of the videos on Youtube. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't envious!! Looked like it was a great show, the encore (Brokedown Palace) was beautiful!! Glad you had a great time. Red Rocks should be fantastic as well! No telling who will join him there!!
Have a safe, fun trip!
like2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:56 AM   #127
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Paul McCartney at MetLife Stadium on June 16th. Bruce Springsteen came out and joined him for 2 songs during the set. Later in the show BON Jovi came onstage and led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday to Sir Paul. It was an awesome show!

This week I saw Steely Dan at the PNC Arts Center in NJ. A great concert with hit after hit and they still couldn’t do many of the great songs you wanted to hear. The encore of Reelin’ in the Years was ROCKING!!

Great seeing outdoor music this summer!
Old 07-03-2022, 08:17 AM   #128
Give me a forum ...

Sounds great!

Oh man, we are all getting so old!