Do you have a double?

Originally Posted by Purron
People often insist I'm Angelina Jolie;)

My father used to say that he always knew his son would grow up to look like a famous Hollywood actor, but he never expected it would be Wilford Brimley...

Actually, I don't look anything like Angelina - wish I did though. I've only been compared to one celebrity - Susan Dey of Partiridge Family fame. When I was in high school, I did resemble her a bit.

Attachments

• susan_dey.jpg
    susan_dey.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 130
I have red hair (ok had red hair, now bottle assisted). I've been told I'm the double of lots of people. Once I had an office mate with red hair. We didn't look at all alike, but everyone thought we were sisters and got us confused.

While stopped at a traffic light I glanced over and looked inside a corner restaurant/bar. There I was, standing with a drink in my hand talking to a couple of people who I didn't know. Sure, I was a bit younger and better looking, but it was definitely me. Man, did I look good in that sweater. Still can't figure it out, though. I don't drink. What was I doing in a bar? And who were those people I was with? I'm an introvert. I don't speak to strangers.

I used to have a military haircut, Navy khakis, and a garrison cap. You could find about a hundred of us within a quarter-mile of the harbor.

I have a Google Alert set for my name, and it turns out that I'm also selling Scottsdale real estate.

Even the mule drivers down there think they know me.
THINK AGAIN!! :rant::blush:
I sure hope "mule driver" isn't some sort of charming French Quarter euphemism that of course I've never heard before...

My Dad: "You favor your mother, but you're not as pretty."

Me: "Whose fault is THAT?"

Heard that a guy got in big trouble for wearing a t-shirt with the image of Phil Silvers (AKA Sgt. Bilko). Forget where it happened, but the guy was accused of making fun of the Dahli Lama.

I've been told I look like Dan Akroyd. Definite resemblance, but don't think it's all that close.

I don't look like anybody, not even anybody in my family. Certainly nobody famous.

When I was younger and thinner, my celebrity comparator was Dougie Houser. Not sure who it would be now.

Friends tell my daughter she looks like me ... she's not amused.
I, of course, am.
My daughter (my 16-year-old daughter) shared with my wife that she enjoys doing surfing & taekwondo with me. However she doesn't enjoy the occasional comment from well-meaning (but oblivious) adults mistakenly crediting her with being my trophy wife.

What makes it even worse is that my daughter is the spitting image of my mother at that age, sort of a vengeance-from-beyond-the-grave genetic trick.

My daughter (my 16-year-old daughter) shared with my wife that she enjoys doing surfing & taekwondo with me. However she doesn't enjoy the occasional comment from well-meaning (but oblivious) adults mistakenly crediting her with being my trophy wife.

What makes it even worse is that my daughter is the spitting image of my mother at that age, sort of a vengeance-from-beyond-the-grave genetic trick.
I just renewed my passport. The 2"x2" photo was clearly my Mom as I remember her when I graduated HS. That memory trigger was very cool. :flowers: Mom has been with the angels for over 7 years now.

When I was in college, folks told me I had a double. We met once. We didn't think we were doubles.

20 or so years ago, another customer at the USPS had trouble believing I wasn't someone else.

I look almost exactly like Mother as I age (I have mentioned one morning a few years ago being briefly disoriented when I looked at the mirror and saw her).

I look almost exactly like Mother as I age (I have mentioned one morning a few years ago being briefly disoriented when I looked at the mirror and saw her).

When I was in high school I was dating an Italian girl. She taught me that if I wanted to know what an Italian girl is going to look like when she's older, look at her mama. Andrea was built, gorgeous, and a great guitarist. Mama was huge (although still beautiful), and the best cook I ever met. I haven't seen Andrea since high school, but I've always been curious how that turned out. :LOL:

I look more like my dad...what does that say about me? :eek:....(well from the neck up)....:LOL:

DW's daughter, in her mid thirties is beginning to look like DW, which seems OK with her (the daughter), what pi$$es her off is that she now is starting do things and developed taste in decor like that of her mother.

Of course when she was young the daughter swore that she will never do anything like her mom.:ROFLMAO:

I must have a generic face because people are always saying I look like somebody they know.

When I was working, I got this reaction a lot! I must have been a popular version when I was produced back when mammoths roamed the earth! Once I was getting on a plane when the flight attendant asked me, "Oh, you're back already?" I asked her about it, and she swore that a woman looking exactly like me had just taken the flight into my airport that morning.

I actually sought out one of these "doubles" and didn't see the resemblance at all.

My brother, on the other hand, is an exact double of the golfer Nick Faldo, same height, same walk, mannerisms, everything except the accent. He's been surrounded at the airport by fans begging him for his autograph...and for golf tips. That's the funny part...brother doesn't golf!

I have been told many times, by total strangers, that I look like Robert Dinero. Probably hear it out of the blue about a dozen times a year. I just don't see it myself but there must be something to it. I will gladly take a small part of his fortune however... ;-)

I don't look like anyone, I guess. I do know of a local lady with my exact first and last (maiden) name and exact birth day and month (but 3 years older). I don't think we look alike, as the mutual friend didn't say so, and I've never met her.

When I was in high school, living in a very small city outside KC, I had a next-door neighbor, same age, with the same first name, middle initial, and last name- he was killed a couple of years out of high school in a car wreck when I was away at college- It was a gruesome crash that was widely reported in the local and state news, of course mentioning the name and city of residence. I came back for the funeral, and it was surreal- many of the greater KC residents in the crowd showed up thinking it was me. They were shocked to see me there, to say the least. My folks received phone calls and cards for a couple of weeks. It was a really strange experience.

maybe I'll go to Wilford Brimley's funeral...:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom