Join Early Retirement Today

Don't Do This - Part V
Old 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Don't Do This - Part V

Quote:
David Winkelman, 48, was arrested in Davenport, Iowa, in September on a misdemeanor warrant, still sporting "The Tattoo." In late 2000, Winkelman, reacting to a radio "contest," had his forehead inked with the logo of radio station KORB, "93 Rock," because he had heard on-air personalities "offer" $100,000 to anyone who would do it. Winkelman had the tattoo done before checking, however, and the disk jockeys later informed him that the "contest" was a joke. (Winkelman filed a lawsuit against the station, but it was dismissed. Ten years later, the "93 Rock" format has expired, but Winkelman's forehead remains busily tattooed.)
[The Smoking Gun, 9-27-10]
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #2

Here is his photo, for your viewing pleasure

MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #3

There was a little ultralight group where I live, mostly funded by a wealthy software CEO. All the ladies were getting tattoos of the club logo. I hear the guy lost millions to Bernie M. he left town to live in Costa Rico. Now all the ladies look like Charlie M survivors.
grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
I lived in Davenport, Iowa for a year.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
There was a little ultralight group where I live, mostly funded by a wealthy software CEO. All the ladies were getting tattoos of the club logo. I hear the guy lost millions to Bernie M. he left town to live in Costa Rico. Now all the ladies look like Charlie M survivors.
Was that McAfee in Rodeo NM? Felt that he took a hellufa financial beating with admirable equanimity. Had the urge to attend his auction on his place, but the location was wrong and the money was too high, even though his place sold for a comparative pittance.
calmloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:42 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmloki View Post
Was that McAfee in Rodeo NM? Felt that he took a hellufa financial beating with admirable equanimity. Had the urge to attend his auction on his place, but the location was wrong and the money was too high, even though his place sold for a comparative pittance.
Funny, he had pretty much the same experience over here on Molokai...

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
I lived in Davenport, Iowa for a year.
Why?

Sorry. I withdraw the question.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #8
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_The_Gypsy View Post
Why?

Sorry. I withdraw the question.
Transferred to there by USArmy. Worked at Rock Island.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:04 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Rescue crews had to use ropes and ladders to retrieve a woman from her pickup truck after it ran off a road and landed in tree tops about 30 feet (nine meters) above ground in a ravine.
Police say they'll be citing 33-year-old Dana Bowser for driving too fast for conditions on Route 68 near Evans City in western Pennsylvania.
Rescue workers say Bowser was conscious and able to communicate with workers. Most importantly, they say she didn't panic as they worked to reach her in the precarious position.