Don't let Martha see this

cantlogin

Full time employment: Posting here.
"Federal officials are working to sort out whether pilots of a Northwest Airlines flight dozed off or were simply distracted Wednesday night when they fell out of contact with air-traffic controllers for more than an hour and overshot their destination by 150 miles."

Wandering Flight Spurs Nap Probe - WSJ.com

If they really were sleeping it can serve as an illustration of just how relaxing airline travel can be. Gotta look at the bright side.
:)

"Federal officials are working to sort out whether pilots of a Northwest Airlines flight dozed off or were simply distracted Wednesday night when they fell out of contact with air-traffic controllers for more than an hour and overshot their destination by 150 miles."

And not the first time this has happened:

FAA investigates report that pilots fell asleep over Hawaii

One wonders how often it happens without being reported -- too short a period of time. Of course, the same question can be asked of ground traffic also.

Life sure is scary.

Yeah, and I like their cover story--"No, we weren't asleep, we just got into a long heated discussion about company policies and lost track of time." That's not likely to be very effective in helping them keep their wings.

When the voice recorder indicates nothing but ZZZs for two hours, that will be the end of the story.

Reminds me of when I was hired, the personnel person said, "I want you to be comfortable here but not too comfortable."

Last edited:

Wandering Flight Spurs Nap Probe - WSJ.com

If they really were sleeping it can serve as an illustration of just how relaxing airline travel can be. Gotta look at the bright side.
:)

:p

I think balloon boy is involved somehow.

Both being asleep for an hour while flight controllers were yelling in their headsets would be a little surprising. Here's a guess:

Bill: Whoa, hey, Bob, wake up. We've both been sleeping for the last 20 minutes.
Bob: Oh &^%$, now we're cooked.
Bill: Hey, I've got an idea.
Bob: What?
Bill: The cockpit voice recorder only records for 30 minutes. So let's start arguing, and in 10-15 minutes we'll say WTF and turn around.
Bob: Wow, that's funny.
Bill: No not now, in 10-15 minutes.

Well, it just goes to show you that the plane keeps flying even if the pilots fall asleep!

And don't fly Northwest Airlines. It always seems to be the one with the messed-up pilots!

Audrey

Well, it just goes to show you that the plane keeps flying even if the pilots fall asleep!

And don't fly Northwest Airlines. It always seems to be the one with the messed-up pilots!

Audrey

Thought pilots were just streetcar conductors in fancier uniforms - there aren't any pilots on the board by any chance are there? :greetings10:

Full auto seems to work better with investing than flying.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

heh heh heh - hope they didn't overreact when they woke up. :rolleyes:.

At least we didn't invade Canada. And the WSJ said that the recorder was good for two hours

Last edited:
Apparently there's all kind of "code words" they use in cockpit - because everything is recorded.

"Check the manual" is read the newspaper.......

Guys, let me tell you that you aren´t helping Martha any in her courageous battle against her phobia:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom