Double/triple Coupons: Where do they take them?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I haven't seen any grocery store take double or triple coupons for a long, long time. However, I have lived in Midwest for the past 6 years, so it might be different in other regions. Is it? Is there some area of the country still doing the double and triple coupon thing?

Grocers have to be careful in this economy with those double and triples. More folks are clipping and bargain shopping. I have seen AZ's Kroger (Fry's) do it for a week or two in the last few months.

I pass on the coupons as they are never on what I buy. Tending to be a scratch cook and a fan of simple cleaning products already cuts down the grocery bill. The powers that be don't think we need the help. But most of my food is not prepared by ADM or Monsanto.

I have a feeling that--in this economy today--nobody is doing them, but I did want to ask.
In fact, CVS and Walgreen's were offering great deals for you to just try a product. You bought it and received a coupon for the exact amount of the product = free product. You just paid the tax on it. However, even this little gravy train exists hardly ever anymore...and THAT has just happened within the last month or so! Pity, because I made a haul the last couple years doing that and did try some products I never would have bought until I got them free (and now buy regularly). Sigh..all good things sometimes end.

My grocery store - Harris Teeter does do a double coupon offer (up to 99 cents) every month or two. I'm pretty sure they've run it recently. Of course, they are probably one of the higher priced stores in the area, but are very nice.

This is in Charlotte, NC.

I can't remember the last time I saw a double coupon offer. However, I have just about given up on coupons as like you say Connie, most of the coupons are for processed foods, which we really don't buy.

I agree that if you're into processed foods, you can make out like a bandit on coupons. I don't buy processed either, but double and triple coupons for things like toothpaste would be nice. Ahhh..the good old days...I've lived long enough to long for at least one thing even it's double and triple coupons (which is pretty pathetic, really).

Back
Top Bottom