Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Dr Frankenstein, I presume
Old 10-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Dr Frankenstein, I presume

Yikes, I created a monster... It all started innocently enough with me googling for the lyrics to Stormy Weather. It ended (but we all know it isn't really over-) with 31 songs downloaded from iTunes, mostly Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington, with a few odd items like a ca-razy rendition of "Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps" (originally a Cuban song called Quizas, Quizas, Quizas) by a ska band out of DC called Eastern Standard Time. I have 3 covers of Perhaps and 2 of Round Midnight (Thelonious Monk, both recorded by Ella--one live)--and I love to listen to them in a row.

I don't even have an iPod--or speakers other than the cheesy ones built into this old Mac laptop. And I've blown out the left speaker by cranking up things like Ella skatting "How High the Moon" (live in Berlin!).

The only other piece I ever downloaded was when I felt like hearing Scottish Fantasy by Max Bruch (violin classic) 6 months ago. erp.

Is this a passing fancy, or I am hooked already? Maybe I gotta find another 30 smackeroos in the budget per month...and speakers...and an iPod...and headphones coz I wanna listen RIGHT NOW but DH is asleep.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Dr Frankenstein, I presume
Old 10-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

stro,

Put the cork back in the wine bottle and sleep it off. If you don't feel better by noon tomorrow, it's the flu.

Old 10-14-2006, 10:20 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

You're hooked.

You can buy a cheap cable to play the iPod through your car stereo system after you are done wiring your house. Then one of those speaker/cradle gizmos to play it in every room of your house. Then podcasts of Ray Lucia, NPR, and the WSJ. I also back up my Mac onto my iPod - simple as pie.

Then they'll come out with a new iPod that you just have to have. Getting the picture??

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
Put the cork back in the wine bottle and sleep it off.

OK, I admit it, I did have seconds on my glass of Amarula last night. But the glass has a company logo from a former employer, which automatically removes some of the fun