Dream Car

Purron

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
If money, practicality, and good sense were not obstacles, what would be your dream car? Mine - '64 Aston Martin.

Attachments

• 64 aston martin.jpg
    64 aston martin.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 4
A ford 300 econoline full of large denom T-bills

I think a Jaguar XKE with a Toyota powertrain and electronics implant.

xlarge_423aee97d1c67c18857fc3537fe34bbc.jpg

Speed Records
By Matt Hardigree
Jul 6, 2010 9:30 AM
rightbar.flame.png
rightbar.comment.png

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport: The World’s New Fastest Car

The end-of-the-line Bugatti Veyron Super Sport isn't just the ultimate Bugatti. With a top speed of 268 mph, the 1,200-hp übercar is now also the new fastest production car in the world.

A Ferrari 458 Italia would be acceptable. But given time I could probably think of something I'd like better. The Veyron would be nice, but the maintenance seems excessive.

Duesenberg for a car to cherish.
63 split window vette as a imperfect driver instead of hangar queen would be fun

model-s-signature-red_1024x1024_e.jpg

And it should be here within a week!!

Last edited:

Long long ago and far far away I had a roommate in the 70's with one of those - him and the State of Colorado got in some silly argument about points after which he rode his bicyle for a while. I had a pokey old 67 XKE 2+2 red yet which I always drove the speed limit - at least in Denver pretty much sort of.

In my old age - maybe a primered out rat rod when a genuine flathead Ford V8 and an interesting carb set up.

heh heh heh - If I was rich probably have a wharehouse of cars and pickups. :cool:

I have my (current) dream car and it's nothing special in the overall scheme of things, but then I stopped being enamored with cars quite a while ago (thanks LBYM). But I used to lust after cars when I was younger (my first word was wheel), so if I lost my bearings I'd probably be choosing between these...(that was fun in a vicarious way).
bentley-continental-gt-v8-628.jpg

audi-r-8-f.jpg

168751-500-0.jpg

calspyderpebblebeachlead.jpg

ac-cobra-02.jpg

Last edited:
Land yacht...

Attachments

• 1962 Cadillac  Series 62 Convertible 62F046225.JPG
    1962 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible 62F046225.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 3
Damn it! I hate when HFWR posts my dream car before I can do it! Okay, okay, this one is close, and I'm also totally in the land yacht category! But I'd also take either one of these.

Attachments

• 1957-chevrolet-01-01.jpg
    1957-chevrolet-01-01.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 1960_Buick_LeSabre_Convertible_1.jpg
    1960_Buick_LeSabre_Convertible_1.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 2
th

I have simple tastes.......:)

I think a Jaguar XKE with a Toyota powertrain and electronics implant.
The powertrain really isn't much trouble, though the carbs are fussy. Absolutely a pleasure to hear and feel when everything is working well, which is most of the time. The "electrical system" and the brakes, however . . . not many other cars out there where changing the rear disks requires dropping the rear end.

I owned a '64 XKE roadster. I will never own or drive a finer looking car. When I sold it to buy an '84 Dodge Caravan I knew I'd turned a page in my life.

She looked just like this.

jaguar-vehicles-1962-jaguar-xke-series-1-3-8-r-2060928.jpg

Last edited:
That's just sad...
It was the right thing to do. Still, I try not to think about that car very much.

It was the right thing to do . . .

Back
Top Bottom